Help please! A few days ago I came across a thread that had a link to another thread with a terriyaki fired flank steak and Mongolian Barbecue. I copied the recipes and bought the beef to make it. I remember in another thread that someone said it froze well and I think someone else said they froze the meat and the sauce separately. Of course I can't find any of threads now, so I am hoping someone can answer my question. At what point do you freeze it? I would like to marinate it, cook and reduced the marinade, baste it, grill it, then freeze it, so all I have to do to serve is stir fry it with the scallions etc. Am I wrong in assuming there is leftover cooked sauce that is frozen separately from the cooked steaks? It does not say to separate some of the sauce to baste, but I assume I should as to not contaminate the rest of the sauce. Thanks for the help.

Mongolian Terriyaki Beef Cubangirl Help please! A few d...
Well, I tried to search this out for you, but I couldn't find the threads either. But, I do remember (I think ) that it's Daphne who froze them. She'll be on soon, I'm sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It was frozen after it was cooked. I was looking at the same thing. I'll see if I can find it. I think I saved it. Did you know you can save posts with the little icon that has the finger with a string bow on it at the bottom of the post. It is very helpful.

Here is the original link to the recipe
Terriaki Fired Beef Wraps

And here are Karyns notes on freezing on the first page of the post.
Freezing the Terriaki Beef by Karyn

I might have given you the same link - sorry if I did, but it will still get you where you need to go.
I freeze the cooked steak and reduced sauce separately. I do take out just a bit for basting. I'll often double the sauce before reducing it so that I can add extra vegetables and make it a one-dish meal.

We actually used the frozen steak and sauce for dinner last night. It is a quick, easy stir-fry that way, and my husband says the leftovers are a pretty good lunch, too.

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef karyn I freeze the cooked ...
One of those crazy memories:

When I first moved into the Daytona area, there was a restaurant that was advertised as "Mongolian BBQ." A couple of friends already new about and liked the place, and asked if I'd like to go, as well. It was a certain slip-up in the way one of them asked that was funny:

"We know a great Mongoloid restaurant. Would you like to try it?"

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef labradors One of those crazy m...
uh, Labs, sure they weren't trying to tell you something? (that's funny!Smile )

All the talk about this dish, got me in action - my flank steak is marinating and I'm working with what's in the fridge for toppings - only sorry I don't have any bean sprouts (sigh, but I'm not going to the store!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef cjs uh, Labs, sure they ...
Thank you all so much. I found a lovely sirloin tip roast 3 lbs for $6.00 so I am subbing that for the flank (I routinely use that for recipes were strips of meat are cooked in a sauce). I already have it cut into steaks and tenderized. Tomorrow night I'll cook the steaks and the sauce (doubled) and freeze everything. I already. froze the other part of the meat for my favorite Korean beef. Ive saved this thread, so I'll post again when I've eaten it. Thanks again folks.

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef Cubangirl Thank you all so muc...
Well, I now see what all the fuss was about - Roy gave this dish (1 to 10, with 10 being highest) a 20!!! He was raiding the frig for more lettuce leaves. I just hope I have enough to make the leftover dinner tomorrow night!! It is delicious.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef cjs Well, I now see what...
Well hell! I used my last two flank steaks LAST WEEK! I've decided to double it so I can do both now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Mongolian Terriyaki Beef Gourmet_Mom Well hell! I used m...
We had the 'leftover dinner' last night over rice and it, again was wonderful!! Great recipe, I wouldn't change a thing on this one.
www.achefsjourney.com
Mongolian Terriyaki Beef