The recipe is in this recent post:
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...age=2#Post97941

How very incredible this recipe is! My only problem with it was a self-imposed one-- while simultaneously making dinner, baking bread, and baking/glazing biscotti, I forgot to add the pickled cucumbers. They were on the sideboard, but I totally forgot until we were almost done eating...

I increased the red bell pepper, decreased the peanut butter only a little, and prepared it otherwise as directed. Very, very flavorful-- that ground turkey mixture, well, I could eat it by itself with a (large) fork! It could have been a little spicier (we added hot chili oil after the first couple of bites and that did the trick), and there was just enough sauce (I may add a little more chicken broth, only a tablespoon or two next time).

I also just happened to have the correct type of noodles. I bought them in a 1-1/2 pound plastic bag and, instead of being identified as long life noodles, they are called Shanghai noodles. I actually measured a few and they were between 30"-36" in length. So, if they do indeed represent longevity in life and "the longer the noodle the better", well, I'm all for eating these on a regular basis!

[Image: 4468736058_174a6c5947_m.jpg]
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Review- DanDan Noodles foodfiend The recipe is in thi...
This sounded really good, Vicci. I'm glad you reviewed it. I will definitely be visiting the Asian market my next trip to the city. Lemongrass and longevity noodles (thanks for another name to look for) are on the top of my list. That and some good veggies...baby bok choy, for one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles Gourmet_Mom This sounded really ...
Oh, I bought baby bok choy and used it in chicken lo mein (to also use up the huge bag of bean sprouts). If you have any particular recipes in mind that use this, let me know (I could probably search them out online). As with almost everything in this store, the packages were quite large so I sill have 6 little baby bok choys to use up.
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles foodfiend Oh, I bought baby bo...
We love baby bok choy I often saute by themselves or mixed with baby spinach in soy, garlic and red pepper flakes. Start the stems a litte bit first then add the greens.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles esgunn We love baby bok cho...
it's on the 'list'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles cjs it's on the 'list' [...
Nice looking meal, Vicci! Thanks for reviewing that, it's been marked to try for a very long time. That was a good issue and I think that all of us were trying different dishes from it, but somehow never got to that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Review- DanDan Noodles foodfiend The recipe is in thi...
I think you have the same dishes I do Vicci! You must have good taste.

These dan-dan noodles look like something my family would enjoy. It's on the list now.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles luvnit I think you have the...
Well, the kids LOVE the Dan Dan noodles. After saying I had all the ingredients, I actually had to sub a lot - but I think they wouldn't change the flavor too much. No Sherry - Used Sake. No cilantro, used it up yesterday with nachos, so used basil. No Chili Garlic sauce, could have sworn I had some, but I was thinking of cutting or leaving out anyway. Used sweet chili sauce - it is only 2 tsp. I think that was it, except no red pepper flakes in the cucumbers - I'll put it in mine. All three loved it, even with the pickled cucumbers on top. Thank you for brining this one back up!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles esgunn Well, the kids LOVE ...
Laura, for someone who had plain white Pfaltzgraf plates for 25+ years, it was a real stretch to choose bright red! Surprisingly, most food looks pretty good on it.

Erin, I'm so glad that you and the kids enjoyed the noodles.
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Review- DanDan Noodles foodfiend Laura, for someone w...
Vicci, I love your red plates! Very pretty!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Review- DanDan Noodles