I found these in Sam's, and they looked so cute (a mix of tan-skin and red-skin) that even though we don't eat a lot of white potatoes I just had to buy them.

Tonight I roasted a chicken and also roasted some of the fingerlings. They were delicious.

What next? Does anyone have any ideas in addition to roasting (with olive oil, garlic, s&p) as I did tonight, and I also found a recipe for pan-roasting with dill.

It was a 5-lb bag. One down (made enough for leftovers), four to go...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Fingerling potatoes foodfiend I found these in Sam...
I think Jean has a short ribs recipe with fingerling potatoes....if that helps.

Like you, I found the fingerlings at Sam's over Christmas...forgot all about it! I had other potato plans, so I didn't buy them then. Weather permitting, I'll pick up a bag tomorrow when I get to Sam's....finally! That Sam's list is growing a little large.

Then I can watch this thread to see what we BOTH can do with them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Fingerling potatoes Gourmet_Mom I think Jean has a s...
I am having a touch of CRS, or possibly the effects of the Chocovine combined with some Meyers Dark Rum on ice....yum......but I vaguely remember recently seeing a recipe where you put the fingerlings in a plastic bag and coarsely crush with a meat mallet, and then pan fry. It sounded good to me and made me think of these fried potatoes my mom used to make with onions. I could make a meal of just those potatoes. I will have to check my computer history to see where this came from.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Fingerling potatoes chef_Tab I am having a touch ...
Quote:

I am having a touch of CRS, or possibly the effects of the Chocovine combined with some Meyers Dark Rum on ice....

My eyes blur...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
I don't think it was here. I would remember that....I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Fingerling potatoes Gourmet_Mom I don't think it was...
Those little fingerlings are so good!! The smallest ones, I love to just toss with (as you mentioned) a little butter/oil, minced garlic, s&P in a skillet. Like eating candy.

That does sound familiar, Daphne....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Fingerling potatoes cjs Those little fingerl...
We get the little fingerling bags at TJ's, perfect for 2 and only 5 minutes in the microwave. After they are cooked (in the bag) I slice them in half and toss them with a little truffle oil and one of Penzeys' mixtures, fox point or herbes de provence or others depending on my mood. So good and easy. In the summer I use minced fresh whatever.
Theresa, that sounds like a recipe that I have seen where you crush them then fry them with rosemary. I think I will try to find that one - I think it was just called "cracked potatoes" -

Re: Fingerling potatoes Theresa, that sounds...
This is the one that I remembered for the fingerlings and it is so good with the rosemary!

From SparkRecipes: Submitted by Foodiewife

1 pound of very small potatoes--I prefer fingerling potatoes
1 Tablespoon olive oil
fresh chopped thyme or rosemary, to taste
kosher salt & pepper, to taste
1 thinly sliced or minced large garlic clove(optional)

This recipe is fast and easy. Technique is what's important:
Set each potato on a hard surface and give it one sharp whack-- I use the smooth side of my meat pounder, or you can use a rolling pin. You want to see a small crack (or fissure). Don't whack the potato too hard!

Bring the olive oil to a medium high heat; add potatoes, salt & pepper and herbs.

Cover with a lid, and shake the pan back and forth to coat the potatoes with olive oil.
Turn the heat to a medium/low and allow to cook for about 20 minutes, or until a knife inserts easily.

Shake the pan every few minutes, to brown the potatoes.

In the last few minutes, add the fresh garlic and shake.

Remove the lid for 2-3 more minutes to allow moisture to evaporate.

Delicious!

Number of Servings: 4

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 96.2
Total Fat: 6.8 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 584.0 mg
Total Carbs: 7.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 1.1 g

Re: Fingerling potatoes This is the one that...
Boy does that sound delicious!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Fingerling potatoes