I've been over at FoodGawker looking for inspiration and found two great ideas! The first, I'm going to try tonite, it's linguine with creamy zucchinni pesto, I'm going to serve it with sea legs, and they top it with crispy fried zuke skins. Sounds so yummy.
The next is for breakfast tomorrow - eggs, baked inside tomatoes that have been rubbed with an olive oil/basil pesto and prebaked. Serving that with our fave home made Italian bread and champagne of course. Oh and I almost forgot to add the tomatoes are wrapped with prociutto that crisps up while they're baking

I'm treating myself since I had a minor surgery yesterday and now I'm just gonna indulge.
Cis
Empress for Life

Two, that I can't wait to try! farnfam I've been over at Fo...
What's with you unhealthy peoples back there?? Everything's O.K. now??

So, it's FoodGawker.com ?? I'm on my way. Thanks Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! cjs What's with you unhe...
Teehee, Jean, it was just a very minor pipe repair I'm feeling better already, tho' not walking quite right yet.
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! farnfam Teehee, Jean, it was...
Okay, that answers my question on the "What's for dinner" thread...I'm off also!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! Gourmet_Mom Okay, that answers m...
So here's my report on the cream zuke pesto over linguine with the fried skins toppping.
It was delicious!! The link from foodgawker led to a few recipes, and I took some of each.
First I made a pesto from a good size batch of basil, smoked almonds,garlic and evo pulsed in FP.
I skinned a couple of good sized zukes and cubed them, setting the skins aside.
While the cubed zukes were simmering with an onion, s&p in a bit of oil, I boiled the linguine, and added softened nuefachel (sp?)and some asiago to the pesto pulsed in the FP.
In a pasta serving bowl, I mixed the cooked linguine with the cooked zukes and creamy pesto. Floured and breadcrumbed the skins and fried crisp, then use as topping This was so good!
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! farnfam So here's my report ...
And where are your pictures?

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! DFen911 And where are your p...
That does sound good - I haven't made it to the site yet, neighbors showed up yesterday afternoon and there went the neighborhood again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! cjs That does sound good...
It does sound good. I checked it out yesterday and couldn't figure out which one you were going to do...they both sounded so good! That site is so dangerous! EVERYTHING looks good! And I wind up clicking on so many things....before I know it, an hour has passed...LOL!

Don't forget to tell us about brunch! Those little tomatoes looked soooo cute!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! Gourmet_Mom It does sound good. ...
Cr@p I go there daily and print so many recipes or save them that I'll never get to them all. I love it for inspiration, and just a place to pique my imagination.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Two, that I can't wait to try! Harborwitch [url=mailto:Cr@p]Cr@...
This morning, we had the eggs baked in tomatoes for brunch, with champagne.
These were so good, will definitely make again...often. Very easy and perfect with our Italian bread recipe.

Here's the link, but watch out Foodgawker is addictive:

http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/2009/...crisp.html
Cis
Empress for Life
Two, that I can't wait to try!