As most of you probably know, I am frantically preparing our house for selling. I washed down all of the kitchen cabinets using warm soapy(dish soap) water but the ones directly over the stove still feel sticky. Does anyone know of a good grease cutter that will not harm the wood? I miss you all!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Cleaning grease off cabinets?? chef_Tab As most of you proba...
The best grease cutter I know is TSP... It comes in a powder and is usually in the paint section of the store. Be careful with it and be sure to wipe down with a clean damp rag and then dry it. TSP on Wikipedia

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? HomeCulinarian The best grease cutt...
Agreed. TSP (trisodium phosphate) works wonders. Not sure if WalMart, or the like, would have it, but Lowe's and Home Depot should; probably Ace and True Value, too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? labradors Agreed. TSP (trisod...
TSP is my vote too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Cleaning grease off cabinets?? chef_Tab As most of you proba...
I've had success with Murphy's Oil Soap, but it takes a little elbow grease.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? BarbaraS I've had success wit...
Those white Mr. Clean sponges work great, as does the pink pastelike version of Quick 'n Brite. Sometimes it can be found at 'As Seen on TV' stores or displays; sometimes Bed, Bath and Beyond carries it. Quick 'n Brite is available online, also. Just make sure you're not getting the powder.

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? sophia Those white Mr. Clea...
Oh, Sophia, funny you should mention those Mr Clean sponges-yesterday I missed a step going down to the sewing room, with a glass of cab-it went all over the cream colored walls I ran to the store, picked up a couple of those on the recommendation of my sister (and then the sales clerk) and it worked! I got it all off.

If it can get a glass of cabernet off cream painted walls, it should be able to do anything. By the way, I got the extra strength ones, with "Grease Cutting Power". It also took the wine stains out of the freshly dyed china silk I was carrying along with the wine, but it's not recommended for fabric. (What did I have to lose?)

PJ
PJ

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? pjcooks Oh, Sophia, funny yo...
And now inquiring minds want to know about that freshly dyed china silk????

Yes, those Mr. Clean sponges do a good job!

Now that we've solved Theresa's problem...I've got another one. I've got this HUGE pot rack over my island that needs cleaning. I can take the little shades off the thing...I think...but how do I get the rest clean?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? Gourmet_Mom And now inquiring mi...
Well, Daphne, I'm designing a dress, of a gorgeous blue/green silk duppioni for my nephew's wedding next week, and I needed to custom dye some china silk (habotai) to line it. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, although I've been working on my muslin, a prototype of sorts, for the last 2 weeks.

Trying to picture your pot rack....

PJ
PJ

Re: Cleaning grease off cabinets?? pjcooks Well, Daphne, I'm de...
Are you all talking about the magic eraser things when you say "Mr. Clean sponges"? If not I need to look for those too. I have found the magic eraser things take off most everything, sometimes the paint too. I also found that the stainless steel cleaner for my appliances polished up the shower faucet handles nicely as well. Maybe when I am done with this project, I will write a cleaning book.....hahaha. It seems the more I clean and sort, the more I need to do. The list is growing instead of shrinking. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Just taking a break for the evening with a salty dog. It is all Bill's fault for bringing that up a while back.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Cleaning grease off cabinets??