Hopefully, this is the last of the testings using cheese in dishes, but I sure have some goodies to add to a Chef's Journey's repertoire. This has sure been fun

I added my notes at the bottom.
* Exported from MasterCook *

Individual Goat Cheese and Rosemary Bread Puddings - Gourmet | December 1997

1/4 pound country-style bread (approx.) with crust
6 ounces aged goat cheese (such as Coach Farm)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350°F and butter six 1/2-cup ramekins.
Discard crust from bread and tear enough bread into large pieces to measure 2 1/2 cups. Cut away rind from goat cheese, discarding it, and crumble cheese into 1/4-inch pieces. Mince rosemary leaves. In a food processor pulse bread in 2 batches until mostly coarse crumbs (there will be some fine crumbs).

In a bowl toss together bread crumbs, goat cheese, and rosemary leaves.

In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, milk, and salt and pepper to taste and stir in bread crumb mixture until combined well. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins.

Put ramekins in a roasting pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake puddings in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Transfer ramekins to a rack and cool puddings 10 minutes (puddings will sink as they cool). Serve puddings warm. (We liked it better room temp - but for a dinner party starter, the warm would work)

Yield: Serves 6 as a first course or side dish
---

I wanted a thinner pudding to use for appetizers, so I put the batter in a round 10" tart dish; baked it at 375F. for 25 minutes then reduced the temperature to 350F. for another 5-8 minutes.

Description:
"Tested this for Harbinger's Wine & Cheese Tour - april '09"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm estimating I can get approximately 50 1-inch rounds for a tasting. It's not so rich that a person couldn't use a 1 1/2-inch round or equivalent squares. In the 10" dish the thickness of the pudding was 3/4-inch - a very nice size for an hors d' oeuvre. Overall, I think this is the one I would give a 10.

P.S. - going to try it using basil in place of the rosemary next time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings cjs Hopefully, this is t...
My doesn't this look good! I'm also wondering how it would be with blue cheese, too! But we love goat cheese, too, so will try that first. Thanks Jean! Copied and saved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings Gourmet_Mom My doesn't this look...
If you try it with blue, let me know - sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings cjs If you try it with b...
I wish we liked goat cheese because the texture is just wonderful. But I have yet to find one that I can tolerate.

What about a nice ricotta?

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings DFen911 I wish we liked goat...
Denise, that's what I'm finding this week - you can play switcheroo with all these recipes. It's been great!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings cjs Denise, that's what ...
I'm gonna do this on Wednesday. I'll serve it with a nice green salad and crunchy bread. MmmammmmMmMm

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings DFen911 I'm gonna do this on...
dang it, I misspelled 'rosemary'
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemary Bread Puddings cjs dang it, I misspelle...
Ok I made this tonight and substituted the goat cheese with ricotta cheese. I also made sure to add 1 tsp of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.

FANTASTIC!! Omg this was such a wonderful dish. Derek has officially proclaimed this as one of his birthday dishes. I served it with a orange and rosemary roasted chicken. So the flavors carried over so wonderfully.

4 thumbs up

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemary Bread Puddings DFen911 Ok I made this tonig...
Denise, I forgot to ask if you unmolded the 'puddings' or served them in the bowls? I bet those flavors were great together.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Goat Cheese & Rosemary Bread Puddings cjs Denise, I forgot to ...
Jean I served them in the bowls.

Ok the adventure continues!! Tonight I did it again. 7 oz Ricotta cheese, 1/4 parmeasan cheese, 2 tbl basil (I only had dried) and 1 tbl chopped sun dried tomatoes. Same measurements of the salt and pepper.

Tonight Derek scarfed his again and Laura, who is home for her spring break, said "Wow what is this? This is super yummy!"
Goat Cheese & Rosemay Bread Puddings