Anyone remember seeing this in any of the publications?? I sure don't - it was a newsletter recipe from c@h sometime this week, just saw it. Gee, it sure sounds delicious.

Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce
When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing quite so comforting as a pork chop dinner with rich pan gravy.

Makes: 4 servings

Total time: 45 minutes

FOR THE PORK CHOPS—
4 6-oz. bone-in pork chops, 1 to 1 1/4-inch thick
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
FOR THE APRICOT SAUCE—
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup slivered dried apricots
1/4 cup low-sugar apricot jam
2 tsp. minced lemon zest

2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme

Preheat oven to 375°.

Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Brown chops on both sides with oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cover pan, transfer to oven, and roast chops for 7 minutes. Remove chops from oven and transfer to a platter. Tent chops with aluminum foil and let them rest while preparing sauce.

Sauté onion in same pan with roasted pork juices over medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.

Deglaze pan with chicken broth and cider vinegar. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.

Stir dried apricots, jam, and lemon zest into the mixture. Simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.

Whisk in butter and thyme. Serve with Mashed Cauliflower.

---
and the mashed cauliflower -

Mashed Cauliflower

Makes: 2 cups

Total time: 30 minutes

1 lb. cauliflower florets
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. milk
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives

Boil cauliflower in salted water until fork-tender. Drain cauliflower and dry it in a hot pan over medium heat, about 1 minute. Do not allow cauliflower to brown.

Blend cooked cauliflower with butter and milk in a food processor until smooth. Garnish with chopped chives.

----

what a nice sounding dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce??? cjs Anyone remember seei...
That does sound like a good one, doesn't it?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce??? Mare749 That does sound like...
I believe it's in SmartCarb Cooking.

Re: Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce??? Sage I believe it's in Sm...
I went looking for it too, Jean. I thought, what issue is that from, how'd I miss it?? It's between that and porkchops with onion jam, and cabbage apple stir fry. I'm so conflicted
Cis
Empress for Life
That sounds really really good. Just happen to have pork chops in the freezer and dried apricots in the pantry. We loved mashed cauliflower - used to eat a lot of it! Well another night's dinner is all planned for me. Thank you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
It is the cover recipe on the Smart Carb Cooking book - the one that has just been re-released for sale.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce??? esgunn It is the cover reci...
I'm with you Sharon, another dinner planned...that's three. I only need the pork chops and cauliflower....got everything else.

Thanks, this sounds like it'll be a good one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce???