What is your favorite chicken wing recipe??

We love wings but I'm getting tired of my recipe and I really can't find anything inspiring....

Any ideas????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Chicken Wings Roxanne 21 What is your favorit...
This is my tried and true recipe. I am sure CJS and Madmax remember this recipe. I think they made it a few times.

Chicken wings

3-5 lbs of wings segmented with tips cut off
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce

Cut up wings and place in 9x13 pan. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over wings. Bake in a 375 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring every 15-20 minutes to evenly coat.

I usually serve these plain as an appetizer or make a meal by adding white rice and a salad.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Chicken Wings Roxanne 21 What is your favorit...
Hooters Hot Wings!

Prep. Time: 1:45
Serves: 4

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 chicken wing segments
1/2 cup butter OR margarine
1/2 cup hot sauce (see Notes, below)

-In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
-Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
-In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
-Deep-fry chicken, 8 - 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil (vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil) for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
-Drain chicken on a wire cooling rack for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
-Repeat with remaining chicken.

Adjusting the spiceyness of the sauce: As is, the recipe produces a medium sauce. To change the amount of spiceyness, simply adjust the butter-to-hot sauce-ratio:
Mild: Use 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Hot: Use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup hot sauce.

Note - I use Roosters Hot Sauce, some prefer Franks.

Re: Chicken Wings DFen911 Hooters Hot Wings![b...
We recipe we like best is the one on Frank's Hot Sauce. We also like the wings cooked on the grill best, but baked in the oven is a good alternative.

Re: Chicken Wings HomeCulinarian We recipe we like be...
I was raised on Tobasco, is Franks a lot different?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Chicken Wings HomeCulinarian We recipe we like be...
I use the same recipe as Denise, only with Frank's. I've baked them in the oven, and they're good that way, too.

The C@H Weeknight Grilling book has a recipe for Hot & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings. We made those once before and thought they were pretty good.

Laura's recipe sounds great. I may try those real soon!

Re: Chicken Wings Sage I use the same recip...
We love Laura's recipe for a change, and I'll be trying the one Denise posted. But I take the easy way out. I just deep fry wings, drain briefly and add to half and half butter and Frank's Red Hots. Toss and serve! YUM!

I hate that you brought this up, I don't think I'm allowed to have them again for another month. Flipped out when I found out the nutrition values on these things. One of the down sides of MC9. Ignorance is bliss!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Chicken Wings Gourmet_Mom We love Laura's reci...
[Image: product_o_bottle.gif]
Frank's RedHot website.

I only use Franks on wings. College Boy and Hubby use different hot sauces for different foods - we have quite a collection, but the mainstays on hot sauces are Original Tabasco, Jalapeno Tabasco, Pickapeppa, and Cholula. They've given up on the painfully hot sauces for ones they think have great flavor. I'm a Pepper Sauce wimp.

Re: Chicken Wings HomeCulinarian [img]http://www.fra...
Never really cared much for Frank's. Not that I don't like it - only that it never particularly thrilled me.

Now, Shriracha - that makes AMAZING hot wings. In fact, I told my parents to try it for wings, and now they are hooked, too.

[Image: 31fznek0balsl500aa280oe0.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Chicken Wings HomeCulinarian [img]http://www.fra...
This is good stuff Theresa! Right now I have this, Louisiana, Crystal, Tabasco (red and green), Pickapeppa, Cholula,, and Texas Pete. The Louisiana and Crystal are similar to the Franks and used interchangeably, but we like the Franks the best. Opps, and we have the one Labs posted, too. Hadn't thought of using that...maybe the next time we do wings we'll give it a try. Funny side note, DD had a roommate that used to use it on EVERYTHING and was known to squirt it straight in her mouth.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Chicken Wings