I just promised to make an antipasto platter for a baby shower. Of course, as luck would have it, I can't find my issue 12 that has the recipe and illustration of how to put it together. I know it's easy to put together, but I am not all that good in making food "look pretty" so I could use some help.
Does anyone happen to have issue 12?

Issue 12 - Antipasto platter LeighAnn I just promised to m...
Welcome LeighAnn. I checked the members plus page and they don't have that one upload. But I am sure someone here has that issue and can get that for you

Re: Issue 12 - Antipasto platter DFen911 Welcome LeighAnn. I ...
Now if I had a scanner I would get it over for you...if no one jumps in, I will type it up for you. Nice to see you again, LeighAnn.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Issue 12 - Antipasto platter Roxanne 21 Now if I had a scann...
Thanks! Please don't go to the trouble of typing it up. It is really the picture that I am after. I've decided to do homemade bread sticks, cured mixed olives, roasted peppers, goat cheese, baby mozzarella, roasted almonds, pickled veggies, provolone, and 3 Italian meats. I have sketched a pic of how I want to put it together, but like I said I could use that picture for inspiration as I am not the best with making things look pretty!

Re: Issue 12 - Antipasto platter LeighAnn Thanks! Please don'...
LeighAnn,

Go to google: Image results for photo of antipasto platter ---you might get some ideas there. I just looked at Issue 12 and I would be typing for three days...I'm a two finger typist

I'm sure your creation will be wonderful...how can you possibly miss with those ingredients Oh---what time should I be there?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
LeighAnn,

When would you need these pics?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Issue 12 - Antipasto platter BarbaraS LeighAnn,[br][br]Whe...
Well, the shower is 1/10, so I'd say by Th 1/8? I'll search google images and see if I see anything that inspires me!
Hi, LeighAnn, I have #11 and #13 but I guess I don't have #12. I do have a little advice for you, though, coming from my 12 years in catering, and building more crudite, cheese and fruit platters than I care to remember (Not my favorite thing to do, can you tell?)

I guess my best advice is to build the platter evenly. I like to wave my platters, usually diagonnally. I would start with the item I had the most of, and center it on the platter. Then I would build around it, a layer at a time. That way, you don't have each item spilling into each other. Contrast- you probably know this already. Clear as mud? Have fun with it and don't worry about it, you'll wow them! Many times, I couldn't see the trees for the forrest, and thought I had a really ugly platter, but once it was displayed, it looked a lot better than I thought!

PJ
PJ

Re: Issue 12 - Antipasto platter pjcooks Hi, LeighAnn, I have...
Thanks so much for your advice! I certainly appreciate it.
Issue 12 - Antipasto platter