We've recently moved, and I can't seem to find my Cuisine at Home with the Spinach/Bacon/Blue Cheese stuffed fillet recipe. Anyone have it?

Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon dvhastings We've recently moved...
here you go -
Spinach-Blue Cheese Stuffed Filet Mignon
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 10)

Makes: 4 Stuffed Filets Total Time: 1 Hour + Chilling Rating: Intermediate

For the Filling —
Saute and Add:
3 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry sherry

Combine:
Spinach mixture
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 T. minced fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Filets —
Tie and Sear; Cut Pockets in:
4 filet mignon steaks, 2 inches thick (about 8 oz. each)
Salt and pepper
3 T. olive oil

Stuff Filling into Filets; Top with:
2 T. Parmesan cheese, shredded

Related Recipes:

Shrimp Étouffée Stuffed Filet Mignon

Béarnaise Sauce

Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad

Saute bacon in a saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and spinach; stir to coat with drippings. Add sherry and cook until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes, scraping up the bits from the pan. Cool slightly.

Combine spinach mixture with cheese, thyme, and seasonings.

Tie filets; pat dry with paper towels and season. Sear steaks in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack; cut pockets in filets, as shown.

Stuff steaks with filling using a small spoon to push the filling under the flaps of meat. Pile more filling on top of the flaps. (Stuffed filets may be covered with plastic and chilled for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting.) Sprinkle tops of filets with cheese just before finishing in the oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Roast filets on a rack for 20–30 minutes. Let rest, then remove strings before serving. Shown here with Béarnaise Sauce and Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad.

-----
Do you need the others??

Béarnaise Sauce
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 9)

Makes: 1 Cup Total Time: 20 Minutes Rating: Easy

Bring to a Boil; Reduce:
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 T. shallots, minced
6 whole black peppercorns
1 sprig fresh tarragon
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Gradually Add; Strain:
12 T. unsalted butter, cubed

Slowly Whisk in:
3 egg yolks, beaten with 2 T. water

Off Heat, Finish with:
1 T. chopped fresh tarragon
1/4 t. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Tabasco to taste

Related Recipes:

Shrimp Étouffée Stuffed Filet Mignon

Spinach-Blue Cheese Stuffed Filet Mignon

Bring wine, shallots, peppercorns, tarragon sprig, and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 2 T., about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.

Gradually add butter a few pieces at a time, whisking constantly until melted. Strain and return liquid to the saucepan over low heat.

Slowly whisk the yolk mixture into the butter mixture a little at a time. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.

Off heat, finish with tarragon and seasonings.

------

Welcome to the forum! THis really looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon cjs here you go -[br]Spi...
Thanks so much! It is an excellent recipe, and especially helpful because you can make it in advance for company. Of course, it is the one edition of the magazine that I can't find! I've made this many times. Happy New Year from Gloucester, Massachusetts!

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon dvhastings Thanks so much! It ...
Happy New Year from La Ceiba, Honduras, DV! Since it looks like you've found the filet mignon, maybe you could send me some in email. Better yet, if you're in Gloucester, maybe you could email me some cod! LOL!

Welcome to the forum!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon labradors Happy New Year from ...
WELCOME dv----please visit again. We have a lot of fun here. I'm from your neck of the woods--other side of the state though.

That is one of my go to recipes when I have a dinner party...you're right, great to put together beforehand--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon Roxanne 21 WELCOME dv----please...
Hi DV Welcome to the boards. That is a fantastic recipe!! Everytime the meat is on sale we do that dish.

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon DFen911 Hi DV [img]/ubbthrea...
Hey, DV, welcome to the forum. That's one of our favorite dishes to make when the kids aren't around. The younger ones don't do bleu cheeses.

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon HomeCulinarian Hey, DV, welcome to ...
Quote:

Hey, DV, welcome to the forum. That's one of our favorite dishes to make when the kids aren't around. The younger ones don't do bleu cheeses.

I can understand their tastes. I hated roqueforte and blue cheese when I was a kid, until I was older. It tasted moldy, and until you develop the taste buds, it's no good to force the issue.

Maybe it would be good to use a milder sharp cheese, there are so many readily available on the market now.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon cjs here you go -[br]Spi...
Ahhh... Issue No. 54
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon luvnit Ahhh... Issue No. 54...
Which I finally own....you all can tease me no longer...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Looking for Stuffed Fillet Mignon