Not sure if everyone has a clear view of the sky. So allow me to share something with you -

[Image: P1010044.jpg]

This shot is the moon, the bottom light is Venus and the top light is Jupiter. This sight will not be seen again till 2056 as I recall. If you can, go out and take a look. Quite lovely.

Way OT - The Night Sky DFen911 Not sure if everyone...
Kill me, Denise-- it's cloudy and 30 degrees and ice-raining here!!!

Thanks for the photo. Right now, I am living vicariously through you in CA.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
We noticed that on the way to dinner--It also looks like the flag of South Carolina--beautiful--thank you!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Oh, Denise, we have been watching since it was announced...maybe last Tuesday? It is sooo cool. The planets, especially Venus, are SO bright...hard to miss.

I had to run to the store just after sunset tonight and could easily see them...VERY COOL! They are easy to find. Venus is MUCH brighter than the North star and Jupiter is just to the southwest of that...as Denise shows in her pic. GREAT PIC, BTW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Way OT - The Night Sky Gourmet_Mom Oh, Denise, we have ...
You should see those planets through my telescope here in Colorado... unbeleivable.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
Shoot, missed it all - ran out when I got up but couldn't even see the moon... great picture, Densie!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Way OT - The Night Sky cjs Shoot, missed it all...
Didn't get to see it here either. Weather here is similar to what Vicci described. Thanks for the pic, Denise!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Way OT - The Night Sky Mare749 Didn't get to see it...
Saw it Sunday, when the planets were above the "points" of the moon. Really cool.

For those who enjoy stargazing, check out the site Your Sky. You just enter your latitude and longitude (or choose a nearby city), and it will show you a view of how the sky looks from your location at the time you go to the site. It's like a planetarium (not a live view as with a telescope), and shows the stars, constellations, planets, etc. It also has controls so that you can change the viewing time (e.g. to look now, but see what the sky will be like tonight), go to a horizon view and face different directions, etc. VERY much worth bookmarking!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Way OT - The Night Sky labradors Saw it Sunday, when ...
Saw that on the way home from the in-laws Friday afternoon. I knew one of the stars was Venus, but had no idea what the other one was until the newscast on Saturday mentioned it was Jupiter.

Way cool!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Way OT - The Night Sky BarbaraS Saw that on the way ...
Yep, it was Jupiter, by Jove!

Venus and Jupiter are usually the brightest of the naked-eye planets - Venus, due to its composition and its position between us and the Sun; and Jupiter, due to its size. Even some of the simplest telescopes can enable one to see Venus go through phases (in the same way as the moon), and to see Jupiter's lines and some of its moons (even Saturn's rings).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Way OT - The Night Sky