Hi guys - I have a bunch of leftover chicken herb tortellini that I hate to waste (early New Year's Resolution is to stop wasting groceries and money). Tonight we had it with homemade marinara sauce. I'd like to do something different with it tomorrow. I love cream sauces but of course that's heavy.

Any ideas on something a little lighter than that but will work well with this kind of tortellini? Thanks in advance.

Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini Trixxee Hi guys - I have a b...
Why don't you do a bechemel sauce with a blu cheese--a little grana padana over the top--should be great if you like blues.

*Edited to say, I like the next one better!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini Old Bay Why don't you do a b...
I was just looking at this today from Issue 12, I think

Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce
(Cuisine, December 1998, Issue 12, p. 15)
Makes: 3 Cups Total Time: 40 Minutes Rating: Easy

Saute:
1/2 cup pancetta or bacon, diced

Drain All But 2 T. Drippings. Add:
6 cups mushrooms, chopped
1/3 cup shallots, minced

Add and Reduce:
2 cups heavy cream
2 T. chopped fresh parsley

Remove from Heat; Add:
1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese

Saute pancetta or bacon.

Drain all but 2 T. of drippings. Add mushrooms and shallots to the remaining bacon drippings.

Add heavy cream and parsley and reduce.

Remove from heat and add Gorgonzola Cheese.

Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini farnfam I was just looking a...
How about a Fontina Bachemel with pine nuts and spinach???

Or a pesto sauce or a pesto Alfredo???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini firechef How about a Fontina ...
I really like the pesto Alfredo for the tortellini. But the Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce sounds amazing! Copied and saved Cis! Thanks! What is it served with? I'm thinking it would be REALLY good with a beef/pasta dish...or just over a steak.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini Gourmet_Mom I really like the pe...
Olive Garden used to do a Gorgonzola Mushroom for a Filet Mignon and pasta dish. I think the recipe is still available at their website.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini Gourmet_Mom I really like the pe...
LJ may be onto something: how about a sun-dried-tomato pesto?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini farnfam I was just looking a...
Cis, I like that!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini Old Bay Cis, I like that!! [...
Add oil soaked sun dried tomatoes and a classic basil and pine nut based pesto TO an Alfredo sauce and the oils will add more flavour and thin a good thick Alfredo...

Re: Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini firechef Add oil soaked sun d...
Wow - you guys are amazing. One sauce sounds better than the next and I'll definitely report back. Thank you.
Looking for a sauce idea for tortellini