I made Greek Salad with Chicken a few months ago from a recipe that I thought was in an issue of Cuisine Magazine. I can't find it anywhere in my collection. Does anyone remember what issue that was in?

Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? mikeyk I made Greek Salad w...
First welcome aboard!

Issue 38 page 17 (2003)

Makes: About 12 Cups Total Time: 1 Hour Rating: Intermediate

For the Dressing—
Combine:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1 T. sugar
1 T. garlic, minced
1/2 t. minced fresh rosemary
1/2 t. minced fresh thyme
1/2 t. minced fresh oregano
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

For the Chicken—
Marinate in 1/4 Cup Dressing:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz. each)

For the Croutons—
Brush with Olive Oil; Toast:
2 pita bread rounds

For the Salad—
Prepare:
1 bag (10 oz) mixed romaine/escarole salad greens
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1 cup cucumber, seeded, diced
1 cup bell peppers (red, green, yellow mix), diced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, halved
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup red onion, slivered

Sear Chicken in:
1 T. olive or vegetable oil

Sprinkle Salad with:
1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
2 T. torn mint leaves

Combine ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Remove 1/4 cup for marinating chicken; set remaining dressing aside.

Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup dressing for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Chill if marinating chicken longer than 30 minutes, otherwise it may be marinated at room temperature.

Brush pita bread with oil and toast on a baking sheet in a 400° oven for 10–15 minutes, or until crisp and browned. Break into croutons when cool.

Prepare ingredients for salad, mounding the salad greens on a large platter and arranging other ingredients decoratively in rows on top. Heat oil for searing chicken in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discard the excess); season with salt and pepper.

Sear chicken in oil on both sides until cooked through, 4–5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, thinly slice against the grain, and arrange slices on greens.

Sprinkle salad with herbs, then drizzle with dressing and serve.

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? DFen911 First welcome aboard...
Welcome aboard is right!!! I love it when people join us here and bring up recipes that I do not know from the magazine...

This one was way before my time...so glad you posted it Denise!!! Saved for a trial some other time.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? DFen911 First welcome aboard...
Great post and recipe!! Perfectly Greek!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? Old Bay Great post and recip...
Bill you don't need to compliment me that much...oh the recipe! My bad!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? firechef Bill you don't need ...
Quote:

Bill you don't need to compliment me that much...oh the recipe! My bad!

Was that yours?!

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
No just part Greek and part French Canadian so I just thought you were complimenting me with the "Perfectly Greek" comment!

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? firechef No just part Greek a...
LJ, you are so confusing Bill! Bill, the recipe is NOT LJ's! He's being a smart A regarding his Greek ancestry. Oh GEEZ! Never mind, I'm not making any more sense than he is!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? mikeyk I made Greek Salad w...
Quote:

I made Greek Salad with Chicken a few months ago from a recipe that I thought was in an issue of Cuisine Magazine. I can't find it anywhere in my collection. Does anyone remember what issue that was in?

Welcome!! What a great question with which to introduce yourself!! You will prosper here.

Re: Greek Salad with Chicken recipe? Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Welcome mikeyk! What a great way to introduce yourself....with a great recipe that I don't have! THANKS! I hope you come back again and join us in our culinary adventures.

BTW, thanks Denise....copied, saved, and put on next week's menu!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Greek Salad with Chicken recipe?