This is a copycat recipe that I found on the internet. I use it as a base for making this soup, but vary it a bit depending on what ingredients I have on hand. I have used regular milk, evaporated milk, and even cream of mushroom soup in place of the cream since that is not something that I always have in my frig. And...I've used frozen spinach on occasion instead of kale.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 C. spicy sausage links -- 12
2 medium potatoes -- cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4" slices
3/4 C. onions -- diced
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 C. kale leaves -- cut in half, then sliced
2 T. chicken base
1 qt. water
1/3 C. heavy whipping cream

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done; cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.

Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Remove bacon and crumble. Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1-minute. Add chicken base, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes. Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.

All material ©1997-2005, CopyKat Creations.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Zuppa Toscana Mare749 This is a copycat re...
Thank you VERY much! Duly copied.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Zuppa Toscana labradors Thank you VERY much!...
I thank you also!! And I do have sausage in the freezer, so this falls in my challenge.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Zuppa Toscana cjs I thank you also!! A...
This soup and their breadsticks and I am a happy man...to heck with their other stuff I can live on this stuff! Thanks for sharing!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Zuppa Toscana firechef This soup and their ...
Quote:

This soup and their breadsticks and I am a happy man...to heck with their other stuff I can live on this stuff!

Well said.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Zuppa Toscana labradors Thank you VERY much!...
Sorry about the 12 after 1 1/2 c. spicy sausage. That should read 1/2 inch slices.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Zuppa Toscana