Well it looks like I get to go out for my birthday after all...my mother, Holly's parents and Holly, Kambree and I are going to Ohana Steakhouse in West Des Moines on Sunday afternoon for what should be a great meal and show.

Here is their website...www.ohanasteakhouse.com I have never been to this type of restaurant so I hope it is fun. Anyone ever been to a place like this? Their menu looks pretty good. I love Japanese beers so that will be a nice treat for the birthday...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Birthday Reservations... firechef Well it looks like I...
Oh my, you are so lucky! I love these types of restaurants! Looks like a great menu every day, but Thursday is their Calamari and Scallop special, man I'd love that!

Hope you have a great time!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Birthday Reservations... luvnit Oh my, you are so lu...
I just logged on to their site. What a neat place! I actually really enjoy these types of places because it's so much fun to experience food with others.

Re: Birthday Reservations... DFen911 I just logged on to ...
We are going to have 7 or 8 people now so we may have a table to our selves...The Chef/owner himself is going to be our Chef so it should be quite the show. My mil to be said she told them it is a combination B-day party/new Chef job celebration and the owner's wife said her husband would be honoured to cook for us himself.

And they say that there are no benies to being a Chef...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Birthday Reservations... firechef We are going to have...
I LOVE these kinds of places! I haven't been to one in quite a while! I hope you have a good time. And you get the pro...what fun! I know he'll put on quite a show, what with you being a chef also AND your birthday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Birthday Reservations... Gourmet_Mom I LOVE these kinds o...
Love teppan table dining. It's good entertainment and food all at once. We used to go to Benihana in the Chicago suburbs for special occasions when I was a girl. We have a place in town called Kamakura ... our kids love it. That will be a fun birthday dinner.

Re: Birthday Reservations... HomeCulinarian Love teppan table di...
Benihana's in Portland is the only place like that I've ever been. Great food. Have a lovely birthday with friends and family.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Birthday Reservations...