For years I have hosted a SuperBowl Party. I make the main dish and cookies for dessert, friends bring appetizers and salads. I have done hamburgers, chili, lasagna, meatball subs, burritos, etc. Any ideas for something new that I can make ahead and easily serve about 30 people? I'd like something tasty and wonderful! Thanks for any help......

Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu gharborwa For years I have hos...
How about pulled pork sandwiches. You could do bbq and/or mustard bbq sauce for the sandwiches. I do this every summer for 100 people. Usually smoked brisket and pulled pork sandwiches. I do it the day ahead and reheat in the oven. I usually do my pulled pork in the crock pot but there are some good grilled recipes too.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu esgunn How about pulled por...
I did pulled pork just last year! Not one I want to repeat right away, but thanks for the input.

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu gharborwa I did pulled pork ju...
Let's see; we need blue and green food, right???? Seahawks. I'll have some suggestions - after the game!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu Harborwitch Let's see; we need b...
Whoo Hooo Seahawks!!!!!
YEAH!
GO TEAM!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu esgunn Whoo Hooo Seahawks!!...
SEAHAWKS!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu Harborwitch [b]SEAHAWKS!!!![/b...
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu mjkcooking GO SEAHAWKS!!!![br][...
Geez, blue is a challenge...Hmmm...We could go blue cheese on an appy of spinach crostadoes (sp?). Then theres the blue and/or gold soup....hmmm? There is butternut squash soup...you could do blue cheese crumbles to keep the theme going. Then to top it off, I'd go tenderloin kebobs with yellow peppers and/or sweet onions finished with a blue cheesesauce or crumble. To top it off would be a peach pie/crumble with a blueberry garnish. Thus, you keep your theme!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu Gourmet_Mom Geez, blue is a chal...
Quote:

Geez, blue is a challenge...

Blue-corn tortilla chips.

Blueberry [whatever].

Blue crab (in the shell, else the meat is just white).

Blue sports drinks (for some reason, they usually seem to use blue for raspberry).

Blue M&Ms (with some green ones throw in, too, of course).

Blue cheese and [whatever] cordon bleu are only blue in name, and not so much in actual appearance. Then, again, the same could be said for Blue Nun, but I'm sure people wouldn't mind having some sparkling Blue Nun around to be able to toast the winners.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu gharborwa For years I have hos...
How about a Gyros Bar or Taco Bar ?

I do a build-your-own-Gyros for a crowd whenever I can. It's a big crown pleaser and people seldom make Gyros at home so it's a real treat!

I got my recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook I purchased years ago. I can post it if you are interested. I know it's not what you would call 'authentic' only because I think there is soy sauce in the marinade for the meat. But seriously, unless you are Greek, nobody can tell the difference. Or simply substitute a more authentic marinade. I have done them with beef, pork loin and chicken and people love them.

Gyros are easy: Pitas, marinaded meat, yogurt/cucumber sauce [tzatkiki??]. We serve ours with raw onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
[Image: gyros-002.jpg] [Image: gyros.gif]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu