In December we have a non-book meeting where we have a nice dinner. For the last two years, we've gone to one of the member's restaurant. She doesn't have the restaurant anymore, so another gal & I are cooking for the group. We met for lunch today to settle on a menu and divide the work. Someone else is bringing dessert. Everyone else is bringing their favorite wine to drink.

Here's the menu:

Appetizers - canopies of smoked salmon on a cucumber slice with a dill cream and caper garnish and stuffed mushrooms.

Soup Course - French Onion

Salad Course - Red wine poached pear salad (C@H)

Palette Cleansing – Raspberry Sorbet & champagne

Main Course - Pork Wellingtons with mushroom sauce, braised broccolini and lemon glazed carrots (C@H Holiday Book)

Dessert ???

This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the C@H Forum Virtual Book Club idea?

Holiday Party Menu for Book Club HomeCulinarian In December we have ...
Quote:

This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the [Email]C@H[/Email] Forum Virtual Book Club idea?

I'm too afraid to commit, Christmas + Catering = No Time!!

Sounds like a wonderful party, I know everything will be great!

PJ

PS You'll love the Pork Wellingtons!
PJ

Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club pjcooks [blockquote]Quote:[h...
I seem to vaguely remember some talk about it, but no real memory of what was decided.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Holiday Party Menu for Book Club HomeCulinarian In December we have ...
"This reminds me to ask whatever happened to the C@H Forum Virtual Book Club idea?"

I just got an email from my library that my copy of the recommended book is in and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I think Roxanne said she was going to order it from Amazon. Anybody else going to join in?

HC, your menu sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time.
Take pics!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club Mare749 "This reminds me to ...
I guess I'll have to look up the wellington recipe. Sounds GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Holiday Party Menu for Book Club Gourmet_Mom I guess I'll have to...
What book was it, Maryann - I don't remember the idea got that far!! How fun. (Please don't say I'm the one that suggested a book... )

Your menu sounds quite tasty, Tammy - what are you stuffing the mushrooms with?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Holiday Party Menu for Book Club