I have been working on getting my mother-in-laws recipes from her recipe box into book form for her. I also thought other family members would want copies of the book as the legacy of our matriarch. My first draft is finally finished. I am having it published at www.lulu.com. I have published other things there too. Great prices too, and only order what you need! It's the best of all worlds.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Finished My Cookbook luvnit I have been working ...
Good going Laura. I tried to get my family and friends to give me their recipes so I could do the same thing. Quite an uncooperative bunch they are Said I was the only one with decent recipes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Good for you! I started a similar project for my own kids a few years back and lost it becuase the Microsoft Word file got corrupted...

My idea is to make a collection of recipes my children grew up with. I've had the two adult children call to find out how I made something in particular because their attempt didn't taste like what they remembered.

Lately, I've been adding things to MC - which is backed up off site along with our financial records - and will get to that project again sometime
Good for you, Laura! What a wonderful gift to give your family. I did a small version of this for my daughters when they were getting married and would frequently ask for a recipe. I say small version because I just put in in Mastercook, then made a copy of our family cookbook for them to put on their own computers, but never had it printed. I would like to expand on that some day and maybe even have it printed like you are doing. Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Finished My Cookbook Mare749 Good for you, Laura!...
I know what a job that is, Laura - congratulations! I'm sure your entire family will be so thrilled with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Finished My Cookbook cjs I know what a job t...
I will be waiting on pins and needles to get the first copy in about a week. I will let you know (and take pictures) of the quality. I am also willing to part with my Word template if anyone is interested in creating a Word-based cookbook document that includes formatting for a 6x9 book with a Table of Contents (TOC). You really have to know Microsoft Word to use it, but it was such a help. I literally finished the book in a week!
Laura
  Re: Finished My Cookbook Mare749 Good for you, Laura!...
The nice thing about www.Lulu.com is that you can post it and your family members (or whoever) can purchase a copy at their own expense. Each copy is still around $10-15 plus shipping. This is just a really nice way to have a book printed without all the upfront costs you used to have. I have done 4 other books through them (not cookbooks) and they have been just beatiful!
Laura
Laura,
I have been looking for the same for the last 5 months! I offer cooking classes in Buenos Aires, Argentina of Latin American cuisine and now I want to put all those recipes on a book but I am not sure how. I will take your advice and explore the possibilities.
If you have any other advice, I will appreciate it! I will see your book right now.
Thanks Travel to Argentina
Cooking classes in Buenos Aires

Cooking Classes in Buenos Aires Cookbook analuvcook Laura,[br]I have bee...
Welcome to C@H forums, ana! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I sure hope you stick around for a long time and share some of your dishes - every once in a while!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Cooking Classes in Buenos Aires Cookbook analuvcook Laura,[br]I have bee...
Briefly checked out your website, analuvcook. It sounds like a great vacation desintation for people who love to cook and explore authentic cuisines. Some years back, C@H offered one or two vacation opportunities like this. Wasn't able to go at that time, but now that my nest is almost empty, it becomes more feasible.
Finished My Cookbook