Yipee! I'm going to have tomatoes SOON!
Yellow Cherry Tomato
[Image: YELLOW.jpg]

Lemon Boy
[Image: LEMONBOY.jpg]

AND LOOK AT THE BASIL I CAME HOME TO!!!
[Image: BASIL.jpg]

Thank God for the happy garden I came home to, 'cause the road trip was nothing to shout about...while truck was being worked on and up on the rack (meaning no access), this is how we had to make coffee till we could rescue our coffee thermos thing...

[Image: COFFEE.jpg]

The way the sun is shining, we should be able to pick those yellow cherries tomorrow. and a good time was had by all...

P.S. I need some help - I've been looking for an hour for a pasta salad Bill/old bay posted just a couple days ago and I can't find the darn thing!! Was it a dream? Anybody remember where it was? If I remember right ( ) it used a lot of basil and I need to do exactly that. thanks anyone -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Look What I Came Home To!! cjs Yipee! I'm going to ...
I am SOOOOOOO jealous!!! Some of my favorite ingredients---do you all know how LUCKY you are???

Great pics Jean, what a treat to come home to!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
What a beautiful sight to come home to! We've got a load of green tomatoes - but so far only one ripe one.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Ohh, Jean, I'm green with envy! Everything looks so good and healthy! Everything in our garden is still wimpy...to embarrassed to post a picture, especially now!!! All of our tomato plants have 1 to 3 golfball size, (well, maybe just a tiny bit larger but not by much) tomatoes on them and the basil, oregano, etc., look like "starter" plants.
Really sad looking...don't know why, either!

Fried green tomatoes sound good about now...hummmm....
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda

Re: Look What I Came Home To!! MUSICMAKER Ohh, Jean, I'm green...
Seeing your basil made me weep!! Mine just will not grow I'm hoping with our backyard make over and new watering system I can try again.

Oh my taste buds are humming now
  Re: Look What I Came Home To!! MUSICMAKER Ohh, Jean, I'm green...
I've been threatening - but Bob keeps telling me to keep my paws off the tomatoes. Then yesterday I found this in Bon Appetite:

Courtesy of McCormick spice company.

Fried Green Totato Soup with Cornbread Croutons

4 servings

2 TBS olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 large green tomatoes, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
3 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme
fresh ground black pepper (5 twists)
1 cup cornbread croutons (recipe follows)

Heat oil in 2 quart saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 10 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes; cook on medium low heat 25 minutes or until tomatoes are softened, stirring occasionally. Add water, simmer 30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.

Pour 1/2 of the tomatoe mixture into blender container; cover and blend until smooth. Strain and return to saucepan. Repeat with remaining tomato mixture. Add salt, thyme, and black pepper. Simmer 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with croutons.

Cornbread Croutons

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut prepared cornbread into 3/4" cubes. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until toasted.

Soup can be served chilled or hot.

I might go raid the tomato plants! Maybe I'd better just get some at the farmers' market???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Hi, Jean, great tomatoes, great basil, too bad your trip was on the crummy side. My tomatoes are coming along nicely, have lots of ripe grapes right now, time for a CAH Perfect Pasta recipe.

I've search for Bill's pasta salad also, to no avail. It must be hidden in some post that has nothing to do with pasta salad, or anything remotely connected. Now that I've jinxed myself, I'm sure someone will find the thread, and the subject will be "Bill's Pasta Salad"

PJ
PJ

Re: Look What I Came Home To!! pjcooks Hi, Jean, great toma...
Did you do a search for "pasta salad"? That might locate it. Never mind, I tried it and couldn't find one. Why don't you send him a PM and ask him?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Look What I Came Home To!! pjcooks Hi, Jean, great toma...
PJ, if you're thinking of the same one I was... it wasn't Bill's - it was Labrador's....as Roxanne nice pointed out to me.

Tried it last night - it was good, tasted like a margarita pizza
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Look What I Came Home To!! cjs PJ, if you're thinki...
Thanks. We've all getting it now.

CRS, that is

PJ
PJ
Look What I Came Home To!!