...in the Planked Chicken recipe. Do you leave the prickly outside on the wedge of pineapple? If so, then you must slice it off before serving? Sorry if it's a dumb question, up here in the Great White North, you don't see alot of pineapple tehe
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

I have a question about the Pineapple... farnfam ...in the Planked Ch...
Why that's a great question, Cis. I've just perused the recipe and am really looking forward to making this dish.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  I have a question about the Pineapple... farnfam ...in the Planked Ch...
It shows the p.apple 'skin' on - the 'meat' will be nice and tender and easy to remove from the skin once it's cooked, but no reason you can't remove if it looks easier to handle for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: I have a question about the Pineapple... cjs It shows the p.apple...
Thanks, any hints on how to know which pineapple to pick. How do you know if it's ripe?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: I have a question about the Pineapple... farnfam Thanks, any hints o...
I leave the skin on when grilling pineapple. Most will either pick it and eat it, or cut off the skin. (Depends how polite they are being).

I've been buying Golden Pineapples that are fabulous. I poke and smell the bottom of it, it should smell pineappley. Some say you should be able to pull off a leaf with very little resistance. Works for me. Good luck!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: I have a question about the Pineapple... Lorraine I leave the skin on ...
Cis, we love pineapple, so I'd probably do the whole thing -but for this recipe a whole one probably won't fit on the plank....

If you have any leftovers, diced up and added to salsa is wonderful or put over ice cream or just pick at all evening!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: I have a question about the Pineapple... cjs Cis, we love pineapp...
I have also found I buy it and let it sit a few days to a week. Gets nice and sweet. Guess I had better go buy mine now!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I have a question about the Pineapple...