I saw this book at my friend Don's house while were in Portland - came home and ordered it immediately!! It's here and it's wonderful!

"herbs & spices - the cook's reference" by Jill Norman

It has everything anyone ever wanted to know about herbs and spices - what a book!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

New Book Alert!!! cjs I saw this book at m...
HA! I have that book! Mine is probably an older version.

The complete book of Herbs and Spices
The Ultimate Sourcebook to Herbs, spices and Aromatic seeds.
By Lelsley Bremness and Jill Norman

I think I probably bought mine in 1995 or there abouts Probably at Costco.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: New Book Alert!!! esgunn HA! I have that boo...
Hi Everyone..As a huge C@H fan, I was thrilled to find this forum. I would start a new thread, but I couldn't figure out how. Anyway, I just bought a new cookbook from C@H called "Weeknight Grilling". At least it is new to me. Is this an older book I just missed or is this new and they haven't promoted it yet? It's my favorite so far and I can't wait to cook from it. Anyway, love the forum.

Re: New Book Alert!!! Dismc Hi Everyone..As a hu...
Welcome Dismc!

The grilling book is a new one. Just heard about it today! Did you order it, or do you actually have it in hand?

This is a great forum and C@H is a great magazine!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: New Book Alert!!! esgunn Welcome Dismc![br][b...
And a very warm welcome from me, Dismc. Hope to see around often---we do have a great time!!

Roxanne

The grilling book is on the opening page of the forum---new addition to the C@H family. It seems to have appeared with the cover of the newest issue. I will wait until I hear some reviews before I take the plunge again---because I will---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: New Book Alert!!! Roxanne 21 And a very warm welc...
Oh, I think you're right Roxanne - we'll all have to have it.

Welcome,Dismc! You've found a great forum to become a part of!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: New Book Alert!!! cjs Oh, I think you're r...
Welcome to C@H, Dismc! I'm glad you tripped into the site.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: New Book Alert!!! Half_Baked Welcome to [url=mail...
Thank you, everyone. I'm glad I "tripped into the site" too. I guarantee you will love the new book. It's my favorite of all the books. Made a recipe last night for sour cream grilled potato salad and it was delicious. To me, it's the kind of book where every page you turn to is something you'll want to make. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.
Shannon
Welcome. From an existing post you can only reply. If you go back to the main page you can start a new post. If the grilling book includes Butterflied Chicken, give it a try. We have it at least once a month, but I make it in the oven.
Welcome Dismc! Don't have the grilling book yet, but I keep hearing about it today, so I'll probably be ordering it soon. Hope you will come back often and join us for fun, conversation, and a warm group of people. We all learn from each other here.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
New Book Alert!!!