I've decided on the 3 qt saute pan and am now researching the second item that I need. My Calphalon ns sauce pan is reaching the end of its life. I like the curve and the width of the sauciers, but they are only available in ss in brands I'd want. I like the fact that ss lasts virtually forever, but I make a lot of sauces and don't want to have a sticking problem. Is ss as easy to use for sauces as ns or does it require a bit more finesse? I currently use a flat whisk in my ns sauce pan and can continue that way if necessary.

Sauce pan, saucier - ss, ns Ron I've decided on the ...
congrats on your purchase. I can only say I have a 3-qt. saucier pan (AllClad) and I don't know how I got along without it - I use it so often. I don't cook large quantities too much anymore so opted for that one instead of the 4-qt. Anxious to hear what you decide to get and how you like it.

forgot to add the saucier is as easy to clean as all other AllClad products!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sauce pan, saucier - ss, ns cjs congrats on your pur...
I'm glad to hear a good review on the A-C saucier. I was personally leaning toward the 2 qt. as I don't typically make large volumes of sauce. I'll plan on getting that, the saute and the universal steamer insert when they have their spring sale.

Re: Sauce pan, saucier - ss, ns Ron I'm glad to hear a g...
Slightly off topic here, but remember you mentioned about the 3 cheese au gratin potatos? Could you post the recipe please?
Thanks.

Oh Ron, OT lxxf Slightly off topic h...
It's almost time for 2nd half kickoff of the U of MN football bowl game and I have to get back to that. If noone else feels energetic tonight, I'll post it tomorrow.

Re: Oh Ron, OT Ron It's almost time for...
Long halftime show - here you go. Easy, but good.

3-Cheese Potato Gratin

Makes: 4 to 6 servings Total Time: 1 Hour Rating: Intermediate

Combine:
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, peeled, smashed
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. white pepper
1/8 t. cayenne
1/8 t. ground nutmeg

Add; Simmer:
3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced

Toss; Layer with Potatoes:
1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 T. all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine milk, cream, garlic, and spices in a large saucepan.

Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 minutes. Discard garlic.

Toss grated cheeses with flour; set aside. Layer half the potatoes in the casserole dish. Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the potatoes. Add remaining potatoes and pour the milk mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese mixture. Coat a piece of foil with nonstick spray and tightly cover baking dish; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until gratin is browned and bubbly. Let gratin rest 10–15 minutes before serving.
Sauce pan, saucier - ss, ns