Hi,
I am researching indoor contact grills. I am looking at the Cuisinart GR4 Indoor Grill, but it looks like it has an outside drip cups. Also looking into the Hamilton Beach 25295 Indoor Contact grill. Right now I am using a old Hamilton beach that needs to be replaced. I use the grill for cooking meat so, I need something with high heat to sear. Did cuisine ever rate contact grills? If so, what were their finding and also what are the finding of the group? I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks
Live, Love, & Cook with Passion

Contact grills lolo Hi,[br]I am research...
Hello Lolo and welcome to the boards!

Here is the list as Consumer Reports have them -

1 - Hamilton Beach Meal Maker Express 25285

2 - George Foreman The Champ with Bun Warmer

3 - George Foreman Family Size Plus GR26SBTMR GR26CB

4 - Hamilton Beach HealthSmart 25265

5 -George Foreman 8 Burger Champion GR38WHT

They all rate very high on cooking speed. The Hamilton in the #1 spot got a bit higher on the convenience scale than the Foreman in the #2 spot.

Hope this helps

Re: Contact grills DFen911 Hello Lolo and welco...
Welcome Lola! I have the family size Foreman and it works very well when it's too cold to grill outside. Very quick and clean-up is super easy. We don't seem to use it as much as we used to though as my hubbie doesn't think it has the same flavor as cooking on the outdoor grill. My favorite thing to cook on it is salmon. I usually marinade it in teriyaki for a while, then all it needs is 4 minutes on the Foreman and it's done perfectly.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Contact grills Mare749 Welcome Lola! I hav...
WELCOME lolo----good question!!!

I have a George Foreman that I used once---hated it, the meat came out more of a boiled consistency and all the good juices were in that little catch receptacle. I have opted for one of those grill pans---always works well for us---good luck with whatever you choose. Please let us know what you come up with---we are always open to advice and opinions---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Contact grills Roxanne 21 WELCOME lolo----good...
Quote:

WELCOME lolo----good question!!!

I have a George Foreman that I used once---hated it, the meat came out more of a boiled consistency and all the good juices were in that little catch receptacle.

Ditto, I gave mine away after a year. The meat/seafood was never seared and it did look boiled and I was never able to cook on it correctly.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Contact grills Half_Baked [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Roxanne and Jan, did you have the big family size Foreman?
My daughter had a small one and it wasn't good for much, but we felt the larger one did an okay job as long as you didn't try to put too much in there. You're suppose to be able to cook 6 steaks or chops on mine, but we never cook more than two at a time. Mostly, we only use it for fish though.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Contact grills Mare749 Roxanne and Jan, did...
Yes, I had the family size. I'm glad you enjoy yours but I really want that crust on my meat. To me, the Geo. Forman was more like cooking in the microwave.
Jan

Re: Contact grills Half_Baked Yes, I had the famil...
Picky, picky Jan! If you dab a little mud on your steak and then put it on the GF grill, it'll get a crust!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Contact grills bjcotton Picky, picky Jan! I...
Tried that---didn't work!!!

Yes--it was a family size and I cook only for two--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Contact grills bjcotton Picky, picky Jan! I...
I could have covered the meat with evoo and dipped it in the dirt from one of our fresh dog digging hole dirt.

I need to go to that lady's house and snatch my GF back.
Jan

Contact grills