This is work!! What was I thinking?? I'm making the Sicilian bread today that I posted earlier this week.

I followed all the directions, but thought I could get away with doing the kneading part in my KitchenAid. Well, when I turned it out on my bread board, it ran like lava all over and stuck to it and I had the biggest mess on my hands trying to catch it all before it ran off the counter.
I've never worked so fast in all my life, sprinkling with flour, heaving it back up, more flour, etc. Finally, got it to the point that it was smooth enough to lift up and put it into a big greased bowl to rise. This better be worth it! Guess I better go clean up my mess now.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Hats off to all bread bakers! Mare749 This is work!! What...
I find that when I knead in my KA the dough is always a lot more moist---if you add extra flour in small increments you can make it look a little more like you think it should look BUT I just turn out into the prepared bowl and let it follow its normal rising process. The extra flour addition can make the bread tough and way too chewy---moist means a more tender mouth feel. As it rises to the double size (or whatever your recipe states) the moisture almost disappears and the dough is very tender. You may want to try it that way some time---I don't think you will be disappointed---extra benefit, you don't have that mess to clean up---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Hats off to all bread bakers! Mare749 This is work!! What...
Lol!! Ok I'm laughing at you but with you. I just had such a mental picture of you going through all that.

Then a flash back to an I Love Lucy episode.

I hope it all comes good. Be sure to let us know.

Re: Hats off to all bread bakers! DFen911 Lol!! Ok I'm laughin...
Denise, it really was like an episode of Lucy! I was going nuts! But, I am proud to say, just took the loaves out of the oven and they are beautiful. Made it all worth it. And the smell in my house is heavenly.

Roxanne, thanks for sharing your advice on using the KA to make bread. I will definately try that next time. Guess it's going to be a lot of trial and error making bread.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Hats off to all bread bakers! Mare749 Denise, it really wa...
oh my,nothing like a house where bread has just come out of the oven!! (or when burger and onions are frying...ever noticed?? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hats off to all bread bakers! cjs oh my,nothing like a...
Oh, I sure do notice! My hubbie thinks there is no smell on earth better than a pot roast cooking in the dutch oven.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Hats off to all bread bakers! Mare749 Denise, it really wa...
Nothying like homemade anything BUT bread is extra special. With a little more practice you will soon be a pro and love the process---it is worth it, isn't it?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Hats off to all bread bakers!