I noticed that my 10" covered nonstick skillet is looking a little worse for wear. Does anyone have any recommendations on which brand I should choose next?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

looking for a skillet... help, please! foodfiend I noticed that my 10...
As I've said, I've used my T-Fal nonstick for 23 years now. They sometimes have T-Fal 10" at WalMart for about $29. I've decided to buy single pots/pans instead of sets. There's always pieces of a set you don't like. I've got three 1 qt saucepans I don't use..why I don't just put them in the garage or garbage I don't know.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! bjcotton As I've said, I've u...
I tried using a very expensive non stick, but it hadn't been in the kitchen a week before there was a mighty great gouge out of it. I just get cheapys from the Warehouse and throw them out when the surface suffers insult.

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! vannin I tried using a very...
me too Dale, that way I don't cry if something goes amiss
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! farnfam me too Dale, that wa...
I didn't think the T-Fal price was out of line, especially after using it for 23 years . My only problem with my cookware was training the 800 pound gorilla on what NOT to do with them...the same as with my knives. He knows what NOT to touch!

Billy
  looking for a skillet... help, please! foodfiend I noticed that my 10...
Thanks, guys! I guess that I don't look for the analon or whatever the expensive brands are if the inexpensive ones will do and last. But, Billy, do you notice that anyting you bought 15+ years ago lasts a lot longer than anything you can buy (even in the same brand) today? I have an almost-30-year-old deep freeze and, when it finally dies, my new one probbaly won't go to 20...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! foodfiend Thanks, guys! I gue...
Yes, I do notice that. We had a 30+ year old 26 cu. ft. freezer that just decided to finally quit one day. We replaced it with the same size, but it won't hold as much as the old one did...that's strange. We have a smaller 18 cu. ft. freezer that holds as much as the bigger one.

I still buy the T-Fal whenever I can. I just replaced a 10" skillet that was only about 3 years old. It's demise could be blamed on my BIL. He doesn't use my good skillets now...after I blew my top the last time.

Billy

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! bjcotton Yes, I do notice tha...
I love Rachael Ray's new skillets! I have 2 skillets already!

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! cookie27 I love Rachael Ray's...
Hi Cookie27, welcome to CuisineAtHome. It's nice to have you join our little family.

Billy

Re: looking for a skillet... help, please! bjcotton Hi Cookie27, welcome...
Another warm welcome to a new poster---COOKIE 27, please join us when you have the chance.

Haven't had the pleasure (??) to "meet" Racheal Ray yet---I have heard many opinions--pro and con---though. What outfit is she connected with on her cookware line?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
looking for a skillet... help, please!