I had forgotten another dish I make from leftovers. I make a full turkey dinner several times a year and here's another thing I do...make a cream sauce [of use Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken soup if you wish], add bite sized pieces of turkey, frozen peas, corn and carrots. Saute some onions and celery; add to the other ingredients and pour into a baking dish [the size depends on how much you are making] and season with salt and pepper; top with a layer of MOIST dressing; cover, and bake at 400°F until warmed through. Remove cover and bake until the top is nicely browned.

You can add any vegetables you wish. I've also made this with cooked pork loin chopped up.

What do you do with leftovers? Ham, turkey, beef?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Left Overs From Thanksgiving bjcotton I had forgotten anot...
I've been making Turkey & Swt. tato croquettes w/cranberry/apple salsa the last couple years, so probably will again.

Lots of turkey sandwiches - both cold (with Miricle Whip, thank you very much! & loads of iceberg lettuce) and open hot!! YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving cjs I've been making Tur...
Jean, I'm with you. Our favorite is leftover turkey sandwiches with miracle whip and iceberg. We don't usually have all that much leftover because we pack up so much for the girls and my dad to take home. I do usually make turkey soup with homemade noodles.

The following is a recipe that I made a few times (not necessarily after Thanksgiving) and the family really, really liked it. It's from a cookbook from famous New Orleans restaurants. It calls for chicken, but turkey is just as good.

Chicken Tetrazzine with Spaghettini en Casserole
1/2 butter
1 cup flour
1 qt. chicken stock
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup pimento, chopped
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
Italian and American cheese
salt and pepper
1 (4 lb.) chicken, boiled, boned and cut into strips
1 cup boiled ham, cut into strips
1/2 lb. spaghettini

Put butter in saucepan and allow to melt, add flour and cook. Stir slowly until well blended without lumps. Make sure flour is cooked. Add chicken stock, mix well, then add yolks and stir. Now add chicken, ham, mushrooms, and pimentos, stirring to mix all ingredients. Fold in spaghettini that has been freshly boiled. Place in casserole dish, sprinkle with grated American and Italian cheese. Bake until cheese is melted golden brown.
Serves 6
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving Mare749 Jean, I'm with you. ...
One of my sisses and the 800 pounder make sandwiches of turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, and of course Best Foods mayo. Sounds weird, but who am I to say with my peanut butter, ham, cheese, onion, mayo, iceberg sandies?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving bjcotton One of my sisses and...
Billy, we do the turkey sandwhich thing also. But, it always tsstes better away from the kitchen, preferably on the couch where you can't see the dirty dishes!

Mare, thanks for the tetrazzini reminder, I love it!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving Lorraine Billy, we do the tur...
Oh leftovers are the best!!

I take the stuffing and form patties and fry them up. Or potato pancakes.

Turkey Sandwiches with cranberry sauce ala panini style.

Turkey Noodle Soup!!

The greenbean casserole gets added to some pasta.

Oh how I adore the leftovers

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving DFen911 Oh leftovers are the...
Oh and don't forget a turkey fajita or two. And one year I made a turkey tortilla soup, I think it was a C@H recipe even.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving farnfam Oh and don't forget ...
Turkey sandwiches and gumbo!
Calliope

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving Calliope Turkey sandwiches an...
Turkey club sandwiches with turkey soup!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Left Overs From Thanksgiving Roxanne 21 Turkey club sandwich...
What all of you said!

We also love this recipe:
This is a wonderful recipe and even better when using up leftover cranberry sauce!

Cranberry Crab Meat and Cream Cheese Appetizers
½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce - homemade is best (or purchased)
1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup minced crab meat
2 tablespoons green onion, white and green parts, sliced
15 individual mini-phyllo shells, thawed
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place cranberry sauce in a small mixing bowl; beat with a fork or wire whisk until smooth.
Combine cream cheese, crab meat and green onion in a small mixing bowl.
Fill each shell with about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce.
Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 15 individual servings.
Left Overs From Thanksgiving