I have a few pieces of sole. Does anybody have any recipe that they have tried and that is good?

THanks in advance

Dinner Tonight- FOR DAPHNE piano226 I have a few pieces ...
Piano...
Sorry, I don't.
It's 8ish where I am... Where are you in time zone?
I can't recall having sole.... Is it like flounder, tilapia?
Loving every moment of my life!!

Re: Dinner Tonight Bizymomma Piano...[br]Sorry, I...
Yes, i would say it is very very similar to tilapia or any other white fish. My b/f had a massive heart attack couple of months ago. He is not a big on fish and I love it. The Dr. said that he has to eat more fish so I am trying to experiment and see if I can come up with something that he will actually enjoy eating vs something he HAS to eat.

I looking right now on the internet. There is a couple of things that look interesting but I was hoping for more prooven recipe vs an experiment.

Re: Dinner Tonight piano226 Yes, i would say it ...
I love to saute onion in butter....not his thing (esp. w/ heart attack) but after sautaing, layer onion mixture on fish and bake...the onion turns so sweet and yummy... guess you could do a tad bit of olive oil... and maybe some chicken broth to saute in.
Loving every moment of my life!!

Re: Dinner Tonight Bizymomma I love to saute onio...
A little late, probably, but with sole, I dust with a little seasoned flour and panfry. I make a lemon butter sauce of reduced fresh lemon juice and a little heavy cream with some capers. I stir in some butter at the end for a nice emulsufied sauce. Very good.
Calliope

Re: Dinner Tonight Calliope A little late, proba...
Sole is one of our absolute most preferred fish dinners. The sole here, however, is not fileted (not taken off the bone) because of its delicacy. I have seen many recipes that I would love to try but unable to because I can't roll them up, anyway, the easiest and most tasty for us is just plain cooked meuniere style--coat with a light dusting of seasoned flour, pan fry in a "dollop" of butter and olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown--matter of minutes--turn, lower the heat and cover to let steam a tiny bit and when underside is golden and fish flakes, remove to plate with those juices!! I will add a touch of lemon juice and parsley immediately after the fish is removed from the pan. Sometimes for texture I will add some toasted almond flakes to the sauce--yummm! Very easy, very light and I will post a more accurate recipe if anyone wishes--but that's pretty close to it. Sole hasn't been available here in a while--hope to see it soon. It is also the most expensive fish to purchase but well worth it.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Dinner Tonight Roxanne 21 Sole is one of our a...
Too late for last nite's dinner, but here's a couple ideas for your next sole/white fish dinner.

Baked California Fish
Serving Size : 4

1 pound California white fish fillets *
2 teaspoons melted butter or oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1 clove garlic -- minced or pressed
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper

GARNISH
Lemon wedges
Parsley sprigs

Mix together bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Rinse fillets gently and pat dry. Rub fillets with butter or oil and dip each side in bread crumb mixture. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15-20 minutes (uncovered) and check for doneness - cook fish to 140F. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.

Suggested Wine: Chardonnay

NOTES : * California halibut, white seabass, rockfish, and sole are popular choices.

I use panko or crushed corn flakes for the breading.

The book that got me thru the transition to heart healthy cooking a number of years ago is "Choices For A Healthy Heart" by Joseph C Pisatella.

Now, years later I still use a lot of his recipes just because they are so tasty. Good Luck!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner Tonight cjs Too late for last ni...
Thank you so much for all the responses.

I am ordering the book this morning.

Thank you , THank you

Re: Dinner Tonight piano226 Thank you so much fo...
Do love flat fish of whatever sort. Sole is scarce here, but flounder plentiful. We just dredge in s/flour and pan fry them whole in a smear of butter or avocado oil. Same with most fish. Nice steamed in lemon juice too.

Re: Dinner Tonight vannin Do love flat fish of...
Jean: The book that got me thru the transition to heart healthy cooking a number of years ago is "Choices For A Healthy Heart" by Joseph C Pisatella.

I bought that book when I found out that I have high cholesterol.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Dinner Tonight- FOR DAPHNE