I was getting ready to water the front lawn and decided I'd better pick these first.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...fter-1.jpg

There are still 3 almost pickable ones and several green ones. The largest weighed in at 12 oz and the others averaged 8-9 oz. Aren't they adorable?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Look What I'm Still Picking..... bjcotton I was getting ready ...
I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

For the first time in 23 years, I didn't plant a garden this year and I have found only a few really good tomatoes. Even at farmstands, it's iffy. The ones I bought on Wednesday look good, but have little flavor. Never again will I not plant a veggie garden!

Um, could you please send me some? They're so beautiful!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... foodfiend I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOU...
OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You lucky devil!!! Are those, ya know, the REAL thing??? Tasty, juicy with great drip down your chin sweetness---and are not sawdust???

FedEx has just been dispatched for a pick up---for delivery to ME----they have all the info, no need to worry--just have those babies ready---any minute now they will be at your door!!! LOL--------

Too sandy here to plant that type of produce--but my basil is almost ready to go in-
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
You dog--mine burned up in July--Texas heat--I picked in May though.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Yes, Billy, but are they adoptable and adaptable???

Couldn't help myself.

PJ
PJ

Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... pjcooks Yes, Billy, but are ...
I don't know if they're adaptable or adoptable, but they sure are yummy!

These aren't the drippy kind Roxanne. I wanted to get some seeds to send out of the country and out of 2 tomatoes I recovered about 12 seeds. There were more than likely more in there, but it didn't occur to me that I hadn't squeezed them all out. These tomatoes are very meaty with little juice, kind of like Romas. Low acid and delicious. My sis and BIL [the 800 pound gorilla] love them for tomato sandies. They're all I'm planting next year besides 3 Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.

Billy

Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... bjcotton I don't know if they...
I'm getting one or 2 romas every day or so but I know I have 100-200 green ones on the plant.

I'm taking them into exercise class for the ladies who like fried green tomatos.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.

Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... Half_Baked I'm getting one or 2...
I have lots of green ones too Jan. The cherry tomatoes, Beefsteak, and Romas and just loaded. As soon as I get the rest of the Mortgage Buster/Lifters I'm taking all the bushes out.

Billy

Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... bjcotton I have lots of green...
Oh yum Billy, just, just, well, so, so, so yum....
Look What I'm Still Picking.....