Star    
Monday's Dinner - 9/25/17??

What's for dinner today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
We're having a hot spell, in fact the schools all closed except for Katie's high school. So, thinking something quick and easy today like burgers and salad.

Ron is on vacation for two weeks, so meals are going to be more spontaneous. Daphne, if you are around....we were thinking of heading down your way next Saturday to spend a week at the beach, but the weather forecast is better here than what is predicted for your area.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hot here as well.  It was 89 degrees at 11:00am.  But at least it's a dry heat.  LOL.  Hoping no brush fires pop up in So. Cal. over the next few days.

Tony is out of town (Daytona Beach this time) so I have a cooking reprieve.  I picked up an order of machaca at a great little Mexican place around the corner.  Had half for lunch, will have the other half for dinner.  Michael just wants pasta with butter and parm and a side of carrot sticks.  Wink
So, we ended up brining and grilling some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I made a chef's salad to have with.

We booked an oceanfront condo for a week in North Myrtle Beach. Leaving Friday to split up the 12 hour trip. I contacted Daphne to let her know, so hopefully we will get to see them again.
Maryann

That sounds like a great trip Maryann.

Trixxee I like Michaels idea for dinner, don't I wish I could still do that.

Dinner tonight . . . Costco's Sonoma Creamery Bacon Cheddar Crisps (8) and cocktails (2).  Bob added PB stuffed Pretzels from Costco.  We are beat!  Tomorrow we are back on track.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
If he'll be here long enough, have Tony stop by the Ormond Beach Farmer's Market on Thursday between 8am and 1pm and I'll give him a couple of goodies to take home. The market is at the corner of Beach St. and Granada Blvd. in the courtyard outside the library and City Hall.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
TUESDAY'S DINNER----9/26/17

What's for dinner???

Sharon, glad you made it back home. The next trip will be better!

Labs, does the farmer's market stay open all year? Lucky Tony if he makes it over there!

We have l/o grilled chicken so I'm thinking about doing chicken salad sammies for dinner. Managed to find some end of the season heirloom tomatoes at my favorite produce market for a side.
Maryann

Labs - I wish he was still going to be there on Thursday so he could stop by.  He's flying home tomorrow though.  If he's ever in the area again on a Thursday, I'll get him to stop by.

Have fun Maryann - fun last minute trip.

Michael's having more pasta and carrots and I think I'm just going to pick up a baked chicken breast at the deli counter.  It is just way too hot here to do much of anything.  And I spoke too soon about the brush fires.  HUGE one about 8 miles from here.  Windows are shut and it still smells like smoke indoors.
Thanks, T. We're looking forward to a lazy week at the beach.

That has to be very unpleasant to live with smoke in the air. Can't even imagine what that's like for people with breathing problems. Hope the fire gets put out soon.
Maryann

Maryann, yes, the market is open all year. It's also, for the most part, "rain or shine," although there have been a few times weather has gotten in the way.

Trixxee, sorry to hear that. Maybe next time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17