Star    
Monday's Dinner - 8/14/17??

What's for dinner today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
We are having tostadas (ground beef).  Easy enough.
Thanks to some serious distractions, I wasn't feeling it with the potato salad, but I still got my ham "baked".  And I did cook some potatoes and made my creamy potatoes.  The ham was GREAT!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wow, screwed up again and put my dinner on last week's thread. Rolleyes

So, we had Blane's birthday review dinner tonight. Two ways, as the Chinese would say. I made one with grilled sirloin and one with chicken breast. I won't say any more until review day, which is coming up soon everyone! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'd better get going on the B'day dinner myself! Now I have ham in my head.....

We ended up having lettuce wraps with a Spam concoction - simple, but tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 8/15/17??

What's for dinner today??
www.achefsjourney.com
I pulled some marinara from the freezer and I think I'll make chicken parmigiana with it.  And whatever vegetables look good - maybe broccolini.  I can say for sure it's not going to be asparagus - at least at the store I was at yesterday it was $5.99/lb!  Right up there those chicken and ham prices Daphne was finding.  Wink
We got some lovely pork chops that I'll sous vide and then have Bob grill.  I'm also going to do some roasted parsnips with spicy hazlenuts, and I'm debating on the starch.  Maybe some corn on the cob?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We have l/o sirloin steak and chicken breast from our review dinner last night. Ron grilled both to perfection, so I don't want to cook them further. So, I think a Cobb salad is in order for tonight. Also have some gorgeous tomatoes from Heather's garden so use.

Just wanted to add that since I didn't have any homemade pesto, I had to buy some. Rana, in the refrigerated section, is very good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I agree on the Rana pesto - I'm also out of pesto in the freezer and had to try it. Was very pleased.

Why don't I have parsnips more often...we like them.
www.achefsjourney.com
DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17