Monday's Dinner - 6/12/17??

What's for dinner today? 

I'm doing a cheap & dirty enchilada dish using up dibs & dabs of 'stuff' Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread, 6/12/17 - 6/18/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
I'm doing the Pan-seared Scallop Salad from the C@H Carb Smart Menu book. Time to buckle down again. Rolleyes
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
scallops? been so darn long. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, for us too. I'm going to the fish stand at the West Side Market for them, so hopefully they will be good.
Maryann

Tony is out of town for a couple of nights so I've got it pretty easy.  Michael has leftover El Pollo Loco chicken and spanish rice and I'm defrosting a chicken breast.  Will probably do piccata and some assorted steamed vegetables (carrots, yellow squash, zucchini).

I have to buckle down too Maryann.   Been a little too lax lately.
Tuesday's Dinner, 6/13/17??

What's for dinner today?

Lots of running around for us today, so it will be catch as catch can on food and will probably catch up with the Motley Crew tonight. 

We sold our trailer yesterday - I'm really sad as this was the best one we've ever had and I just loved it!! Spent a whole year in it on the road and never once felt cramped or uncomfortable. But, Roy just doesn't feel comfortable pulling it anymore and it has sat in the yard for over a year without us taking it out. Sad  We've decided to look for a small camping trailer we can take out for short 3-4 day trips. We'll start looking at l8' and see if we could possibly handle something that small. We'll see.
www.achefsjourney.com
Last night I did the sous vide skirt steak, seasoned with salt & pepper, ancho chili powder and cumin.  It relaxed in the "hot tub" at 132* for 12 hours.  I cooled it down and dried it off really well before I gave it a hard sear in a cast iron pan while the corn (also cooked sous vide last summer and frozen) reheated and then went into the microwave grill pan.  Finished off the dinner with some left over tortellini salad from the pot luck earlier yesterday.

The beef was grass fed, organically raised on a local farm.  I have to say that it was incredibly beefy tasting, and perfectly rare and tender beyond belief.  This is just the best way I have ever cooked skirt steak.  We will buy more beef from this guy!
Jean, I feel so bad that it was time to give up the "big" trailer, but can understand it. Ron doesn't want to haul anything big anymore either. When we eventually get another trailer, it will probably be one like our 18' Fleetwing that we had years ago. It was a great trailer and would be just right for the two of us again. Oh, now I want to go trailer shopping!!! Big Grin
Maryann

Smile Smile I must say I am excited for the new chapter of travel.

Be nice to have access to that beautiful beef, Sharon!
www.achefsjourney.com
That steak sounds delicious, Sharon. I do have access to grass fed beef when we visit a butcher in "Amish country" but I don't know that it's organic. I'll have to ask next time. They also have free range chickens, but again, not sure if they are organic. They both have such great flavor.

We put some pork chops on the grill tonight and had that with an Asian noodle salad.
Maryann

Dinner Thread, 6/12/17 - 6/18/17