What's everyone (all four of us..............  Confused  )  doing for Mom's day??

We're headed south sometime between Mom's day and the birthday....hopefully. I'm going to let Trace spoil me for a few days. Heart  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Mother's Day Coming - May 14th cjs [size=small]What's e...
My girls are taking me out tomorrow night to a fun place that Heather found. Scallops and mussels are calling me.

http://www.ccsocialkitchen.com/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We will all meet up for a late lunch Sunday.  Details after we decide.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I wanted to show off my fancy schmanzy dinner out with my daughters the other night. I'm sure glad I went with them and not Ron.  (not enough food on the plate for him Wink )

So, we started the meal with cocktails.  Heather and I had the Blueberry Rondell and Holly had a Mason's Mule.
[Image: IMG_0834_zpss6kcgrqy.jpg]
BLUEBERRY RONDELL:
Stoli Vodka, muddled mint and blueberries, fresh lemon, honey, simple syrup and soda

MASON'S MULE:
George Dickel Rye Whiskey infused with vanilla bean, fresh muddled orange, ginger beer.

While the girls shared  a chicken wing appetizer, I had a spinach salad.
[Image: IMG_0841_zpsttza82ob.jpg]

CHICKEN WINGS:
Confit wings, roasted garlic five spice rub, soy pickled vegetables, orange, honey

[Image: IMG_0836_zps3vsepqev.jpg]

SPINACH SALAD:
Roasted mushrooms, bacon, toasted panko, pickled carrots, smoked blue, shallot vinaigrette (It was really much prettier than the pic shows. I had already given part of it to both girls.)

Entrees
Mine: SCALLOPS
Red skin and pork belly hash, spinach, creamed leeks
[Image: IMG_0839_zpsvahutubl.jpg]

Heather:C & C STEAK:
Smoked blue cheese red skin gratin, shaved Brussels sprouts, oven dried tomatoes, balsamic
[Image: IMG_0837_zpslzywgqdn.jpg]

Holly: PORK PAPRIKASH:
Braised pork shoulder, smoked paprika spaetzle, crème fraiche
[Image: IMG_0838_zpssrs1mndj.jpg]

Wines: I had a pinot gris and the girls both had a zin

We were too full for dessert although they sounded amazing.
Maryann

Wow, what a feast and great pictures.... I'm drooling!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I am going to have a blah Mother's Day since I had heavy duty periodontal surgery Thursday, and am on a soft food diet. I did discover an excellent flan style pudding and lemon meringue jello that tastes like pie without the crust. I also made some yogurt on the IP and found the sugar free Almond Orgeat syrup that I have for my coffee is excellent with yogurt. 

My son just return from a 2 week trip to Paris and Monaco. After eating a steak at the Michelin starred La Scène, his comment was he'd rather have a burrito. Somehow I failed as a mother! I'm not a steak person, but I'm really craving one now.
"he'd rather have a burrito." --- and then there is one of my sons who always wanted S.O.S. for his b'day dinner - no steak. Smile Smile Smile

Good luck with the surgery, Alina; not something to look forward to. And, since pie crust gives me such heartburn, I'd love to see the recipe for the Lemon jello. Love lemon pie!
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm rather between a rock and a hard spot here - I'll just have to say we're having leftovers from my B'day review dinner instead of cooking a new one. But, the bubbly will be flowing!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Maryann

And, as they say...that's a wrap. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Mother's Day Coming - May 14th