Something went crazy with the Part I of the Dinner thread for this week, so I'm starting Part II and see if things work better.

Wednesday's Dinner, 4/5/17??

It is so quiet around here....Hopefully we can have a comeback of folks. 

We're having the leftovers of my 'faux' miso dinner - ended up have soup yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II cjs [size=small]Somethin...
I'm roasting a pork butt, low and slow, and covered in a garlicky rub of olive oil, s&p, and chopped garlic. No smoke, no BBQ, just good old fashioned roasting.

Ron will want mashed potatoes with gravy and corn with this meal. Since I need something green with a meal, we'll also have some brussel sprouts. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We worked really late yesterday, so ordering a pizza was the only logical solution for dinner.

Tonight, I'm doing a simple chicken stir fry with ramen noodles.  (I haven't completely given up carbs.)  Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner - 4/6/17??

What's for dinner today? 

We may have just veggies today - have a b.nut squash to use and dibs and dabs of other veggies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are having egg foo young tonight. I have a few slices of pork to dice up for a few, and will thaw some shrimp to add to a few more. I have l/o soy sauce gravy in the freezer so don't even have to make that. Will do a side of steamed rice, and Chinese broccoli.
Maryann

We are having sweet chipotle bites (can be found on Noble Pig), made them before and they are quick and delicious.   Fresh steamed broccoli and carrots on the side.

Maryann - the other day you asked me if I thought the mom in the Glass Castle is part native American.  I'm leaning towards no because of what children look like, blonde, redhead, etc.   And based on the actors that are in the movie (Naomi Watts, Woody Harrelson, Brie Larson) I'd say going by physical looks, no.

The parents are  couple of pieces of work, aren't they?
Trixxee, you're back! Hope all is well.

Yes, I have decided what you said about the mom. The Indian medicine had me wondering. Yes, the parents are something else. I would love to hear what the students reactions are about their lifestyle.
Maryann

Those parents are unbelievable! I shudder. I'm with you, Maryann - anxious to hear the students comments when they are done.

Stopped at the store and picked up $36.00 worth of fresh veggies and fruit!! I'm using up the very last 2 'frozen ahead dishes' I had in the freezer, so other than sauces/stocks/etc. I'm free to make anything now. Will get some soups made - still good for this darn weather, and they are a good option for our later snack. Clerk at store asked if we were going vegan!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm finding myself doing the same thing lately, Jean. We are eating even more fruits and veggies than normal. I haven't been able to jump on the low carb wagon yet due to my total lack of discipline, but I am trying to replace some of the higher calorie foods with more produce. We really have to plant a garden this year!
Maryann

a garden - yes. But, my problem with that is, after 50 years (shoot, just counted back and it is 53 years to be exact! Tongue ) of gardens, I really am tired of taking care of them. Just love to reap the benefits, tho. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II