Monday's Dinner - 2/6/17??

What's on the menu for today??

The potatoes au gratin topped with braised chuck roast. A perfect dinner to go with the 8 inches of snow we got yesterday!! darn winter will never end.....  Huh

This is our world today -
[Image: Feb%206%20snow%20Tree%202_zpsy9tasc9k.jpg]

and trooper that he is - Roy getting the newspaper!! Rolleyes
[Image: feb%205%20002_zpsxylebtqu.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Wow!  Pretty from afar!

Well, your pot roast looked so good that I was at the grocery store at 8:00am right after I dropped Michael off at school and as soon as I walked in, I slipped on the wet floor and landed on the side of my knee.  I guess that's better than hitting it straight on or falling on my rear.  That didn't deter me from getting my chuck roast and mushrooms though.  But now that I'm home I feel sore and weird so we may just wind up with hot dogs. 

Glad you are enjoying the au gratin potatoes.
Oh Trixxee, that could have been so bad - I hope it's not. Hope you all enjoy the beef when you get to it. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, could have been bad.  I was quite irritated that they didn't have a mat at the front door.  By the time I left, they did.  All I could think of  was someone even older than me slipping and breaking a hip and that is almost the kiss of death.   I'm sure I'll make the roast today - looking forward to it.  Will just elevate and ice for a while.
Sauce update – I had scraps of chicken leftover from making the lollipops. Tossed with some of the Sweet Pepper sauce and salt & lots of pepper – baked 350° just until barely done 165°. Watch very carefully because the sweet sauce will burn easily. I pulled it just in time for the chicken to be done, but no burned mess in the b. sheet. I’m adding it to Pesto pasta with pine nuts tonight for a quick snack. (if we can stay out of picking at it. It’s so tasty)
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean - the pot roast is fantastic!  There won't be any left if I keep tasting it.  I did make one change though - I didn't have a can of tomatoes (how did that happen) so I added a couple of tbsp's of tomato paste. 

Trying to stay away from so many carbs but will make some couscous when Tony walks in the door.  I don't want any of that gravy to go to waste.  Not after what I went through to buy the roast this morning.  LOL.
Jean, I know the snow gets old quick, but that first picture is gorgeous!

Trixxee, I'm so glad it wasn't worse!  And with another vote of Jean's pot roast has put it on the menu!

Tonight is Chicken Pastry and Baby Butter Beans with a little chicken salad on the side....maybe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm glad you were feeling good enough to do the roast, Trixxee , and that you enjoyed it. We have one more dish of it in the freezer. We had it with noodles and mashed potatoes and loved it both ways, so now I'm undecided which way to go. Smile

I have to agree Daphne, while the snow is pristine, it's hard to beat the beauty!
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 2/7/17??

What's for dinner today? 

Since there is no sensible reason to try and get out of the driveway, we won't be meeting the Motley Crew tonight. Sad  A good thing I went overboard with the Pesto Pasta for our 'snack' last night. We'll finish it up today. Our wine supply is good, so we're happy campers up here. Smile 

P.S. Well, I guess a trip to town is necessary - the trailer is out of propane...............poor Roy! Rolleyes
[Image: sep0%206%20001_zpsgraxvwm8.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Poor Roy is right!

We are having leftover pot roast and couscous and an iceberg salad.
DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17