Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner - 11/28/16??

What's for dinner for everyone??

Still working on leftovers here and only because I'm still exhausted. How can 2 50-yr. olds wear a person out so much??? Sleepy Heart
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
I was feeling a bit lazy myself for a few days, Jean. Enjoy a good book and recharge your batteries. Big Grin

We purchased stew meat yesterday so that I can make a big pot of beef stew to share. Nothing fancy, just the old fashioned kind like our grandmom's used to make in the cast iron Dutch oven.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
(11-28-2016, 08:22 AM)cjs Wrote: Monday's Dinner - 11/28/16??

What's for dinner for everyone??

Still working on leftovers here and only because I'm still exhausted. How can 2 50-yr. olds wear a person out so much??? Sleepy Heart

Ha - That's how I feel when we get together with my sister.  What are we thinking?  We are all too old for this much fun & partying.  Wink

I am leaning towards asian sloppy joes, which would be very similar to the korean (ground) beef we have all made but with some cilantro and chopped water chestnuts thrown in.  Might top it with a little broccoli slaw tossed with asian dressing.  But I'm still up in the air.  If I do this it means driving across town for good rolls.
After spending the morning buying the truck, William was worn out.  But since I had everything washed and packed up, he decided it would be worth it to head on back to Southport.  Now he can relax tomorrow while I go to the dentist.

Tonight, after we unloaded and unpacked, we opted to get an Italian Sub from our favorite place and split it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We will probably have some l/o beef stew and homemade bread that I made yesterday. The bread was last minute thought so I put everything in the bread machine to mix on the dough cycle, then baked it in the oven. Why don't I do this more often??? Perfect bread!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tuesday's Dinner - 11/29/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I will be freezer diving and starting my laying low. I had to have the nitro treatment for sun spots done again yesterday and today I will be my usual red splotchy self for a couple of weeks.

Maryann, the last few years I've been neglecting my bread machine too - I really enjoy handling the dough myself, but over this Thanksgiving with 3 batches of Beerox and other breads, I used my machine for the mixing/rising too and it was sure nice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Leftover chicken noodle soup and garlic bread.  At least it will be an easy clean up.  What I'm craving is chicken saltimbocca since I still have some fresh sage leaves and and proscuitto but I think Tony will be insulted if we don't eat his soup tonight.  And who am I kidding, that's a little too ambitious for a school night.  But it sure looked good yesterday when I was looking for recipes.
Maryann, I can't remember (darn it Tongue ) if I add any goodies like cheese to the dough when using the bread machine for the mixing/rising. Herbs/seasonings yes, but olives, garlic, cheese?? Do you?
www.achefsjourney.com
Still can't figure out where my bread machine went to!   Huh

I had dental work done today...cleaning and minor work, but it reqired me to drive back "home".  I took no less than eight survey calls on the way!  It took me all afternoon to call everyone back!  That meant a VERY late lunch for me.  But William needed dinner, so I picked up Hunan Beef for his dinner and Beef Meifun for me at a really good restaurant across the street from our RV Park.  Since he had leftovers, and I skipped eating, we have lunch for tomorrow.   Big Grin

But tomorrow I am determined to cook!  But I am so behind at work!  OIY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner - 11/30/16??

Geez, the end of November already!!!!

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Yesterday turned into an emotional blur. More health issues (not real serious) so didn't get my Split Pea soup done - on the list for today and I found a sheet pan chicken/cabbage dish the other day to try. I want to have some leftover to try Daphne's vinegar trick. Smile 
www.achefsjourney.com
Dinner Thread - 11/28/16 - 12/4/16