Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner - 11/21/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??  

Lot's of cooking going on here, so catch as catch can for food/scraps the next couple days.

By the way, the Korean Beef & Rice dish - we had the leftovers yesterday served over stir-fried bean sprouts and this was our favorite - that nice crunchiness with the heat, just wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
I am finally making the review dinner (roasted chicken with olives and lemon using 1/2 chicken).  But I will be sort of deconstructing the farro & spinach side dish just because I could not find farro yesterday.  I'll do a couscous/spinach side.

Looking forward to it!
I had to order my faro in this little Podunk town, but I'm surprised you couldn't find it, Trixxee. Had no idea I'd like it as much as we did. Hope you like the rest of the dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner - 11/22/16??

It's our anniversary today, but with so much cooking going on, not planning a big food to-do. But, I think a couple of nice filets with Black Truffle butter are called for at least. Smile

[Image: roy%20and%20me_zpsymmxejow.jpg]

"48 years ago I married a wrestling jock who I had been dating for only 3 months and had recently come out of a marriage with 4 darling little girls. I was no slouch in that dept. either, I had my 4 great little ones. All we heard at the time was, "It'll never last!"
Thank you, Roy, for so many years of adventures, ups & downs, and for you always being willing to try just about any crazy scheme which came into our heads. "
www.achefsjourney.com
Filet with Black Truffle butter – Every time I have a well cooked steak slathered in truffle butter, I say I’m never having steak any other way….said it again today, but we’ll see how long my 1 lb. of truffle butter lasts.

So delicious!!

[Image: nov%2022%20014_zpsirnftw3j.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner - 11/23/16??

Another catch-as-catch-can around here! With all the nibbling, we'll probably eat more than normal. Dodgy  Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Baking day here. I have two pumpkin pies in the oven, and potato roll dough in the fridge. After I clean the house, I'm thinking of doing the mashed potatoes using that overnight recipe with the cream cheese and sour cream. That was a big hit last year. Tonight, we will have Alyssa and Tommy here, so thinking of ordering take-out pizza.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Love that picture Jean!  Well, both pictures.  The cute couple and the steak.  Wink

I don't know what we are having tonight.   Perhaps something to go from El Pollo Loco.
Thanks Trixxee!! just a couple of hippies! Smile

Busy, but fun day, huh? Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
So yesterday we had a very late lunch.  Then things got crazy!  William had talked to his neurologist about getting off the last of his seizure meds.  The doctor wasn't crazy about the idea, but said he could try to step down slowly.  William dropped one hole pill out of two all at once.  Everything has been good for three weeks, so I thought, "Hey, I guess William was right!"  NOT!  He had a minor seizure after lunch.  Luckily, he had turned onto a side street and had stopped to turn Into town hall.  When Andrew noticed, I threw the van into park!

An hour later, he was dismissed from the ER and was told by his neurologist by phone to go back to his two pills a day.  He now remembers feeling odd at lunch, and he has his adavant (sp?) in his pocket.  He will be taking one if he gets that feeling again.  

Anyway, today he is back to normal.  We went shopping for another new work truck in the city and got Chick-fil-et (sp?) for dinner.  We have been staying at the campground since we got the camper.  We are settling in nicely and adding little things to feel more comfortable.  Cooking and eating stuff is next on the list to buy.  But for now, we are still enjoying our new little place.  We decided to stay for a few more days.  I don't trust the local hospital a lot, but I trust them more than the one at home...plus we are closer.  Last night they (paramedics and ER staff) respected us and what we knew of the situation MUCH more than at home!  So staying here for a few more days was a given!

Thanks to us staying here instead of going home and William's seizure, Ashley volunteered to make the baby butter beans and sweet potatoes for tomorrow, so William and I only need to show up.  She is expecting help when I get there, but not much.  This is her gig, so I'm going to let her run with it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Dinner Thread - 11/21/15 - 11/27/16