Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner - 11/14/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We have wonderful leftovers - IP Short ribs and 1/2 the Cheesy Bacon Holiday Crack left......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
On the recommendation of my friend Joanna, making these chipotle chicken bites but I'll use boneless chicken tenderloins since I have those on hand.

http://noblepig.com/2016/09/chipotle-chicken-bites/

Not sure what to serve with it yet.  Possibly a lettuce wrap?
Rainbow    Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16 cjs [b][u][size=medium]M...
Tuesday's Dinner, 11/15/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Our bar hopping night is here, so we're checking another one out. Smile 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Another gorgeous day here! Smile Our Autumn is definitely making up for an extremely hot summer. 62° and sunny again! How long can this last????

We are having one of our chimneys rebuilt and relined today, so it's a bit of a distraction going on. We decided when they are finished we will just put some burgers on the grill and have a Caesar salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, do you have In & Out Burger joints in your area??? I just sent a friend a knock off version of their burgers. I'm so anxious to try it. Would you like the recipe, also?>
www.achefsjourney.com
Something to go.  Maybe In-n-Out.  Wink

We have to be up at the local community college at 6:00pm for "Family Night" to welcome new students and parents who will be attending in the fall.  Not sure how this has happened - that Michael is preparing for college.  I think we will all feel much better after this very informational meeting.  None of us do well with change.
college???? Will you please tell him to slow down - I'm getting olderly fst enough!! Smile

This lunch was surprisingly good - Used another of the Asian Dinner fiasco items. the Mongolian Beef mixed with rice and served on a stir-fry bean sprout dish. (the b. sprouts which were supposed to be Brussels sprouts... Dodgy  ) - found a quick stir fry recipe from Ming Tsi, so simple but really tasty!!

SIDE - BEAN SPROUTS - Classic Bean Sprout Stir Fry
Peanut oil to cook
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 Tbs minced ginger
1 Tbs sliced garlic
1 lb bean sprouts, hair removed
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a very hot wok, coat well with oil and add scallions, ginger and garlic.
2. Season and stir.
3. Quickly add the bean sprouts and stir-fry, flipping the sprouts around quickly.
4. Check for seasoning.
5. Serve immediately.
6. May serve with rice.
7. PLATING Serve on a small oval platter.

I added a little garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro.
[Image: Nov%2015%20L.O%20Asian%20Pork%20rice%20o...bjn8ty.jpg][/img]

I'm being tempted to order this whole mess again - the l/os are so much fun to play with. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Andrew and I couldn't make up our minds about the Black and Blue Chicken Wrap and wings today for lunch, so we got both and split them.  The wraps are HUGE, so it was a great idea.  I've started ordering my wings plain, and I get various sauces on the side...buffalo, house blend teriyaki, and Carribian Jerk (HOT!).
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
That looks delicious, Jean! You sure do think of the most interesting things to do with whatever it is you have to work with!  I'm going to save that recipe.

No, we do not have "In-n-Out" burger joints here, but I sure wish we did because it's hard to get a decent fast food burger around here. I just don't care for most of the chains and we have them all!  Once in a while we drive thru Rally's for a burger.  

Recipe for copycat "In-n-Out", yes please and thank you! Smile

I cannot believe how time flies! Michael will be starting college? Wow. That is wonderful and will open up a whole new world to him!
FYI, my oldest grandbaby, Katie, will be starting high school next year!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
"I cannot believe how time flies! Michael will be starting college? Wow. That is wonderful and will open up a whole new world to him!

FYI, my oldest grandbaby, Katie, will be starting high school next year!"  

C'mon...not fair!  So, tomorrow we'll be seeing wedding pictures.............  Tongue Big Grin 

I've not tried these yet, but they are on my list. The reviewers were very happy with them. Fingers crossed. 

BURGERS - In-N-Out Burger Copycat Recipe

2 Tbs vegetable oil and more for brushing griddle
2 large onions, finely chopped
salt
1/4  cup mayo
2 Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs sweet pickle relish
½ tsp white vinegar
1 ½ tsp mustard
2 lbs ground chuck (60%)
4 hamburger buns
pickles ( I left off)
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
4-8 slices of tomato
pepper
8 slices of American cheese (I used cheddar)

1. Heat oil in pan and add onions.
2. Cook onions covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until onions begin to turn golden brown and caramelize. Watch them so they don't burn.
3. Remove lid and cook for 5 more minutes and then add ½ C water. Allow water to evaporate.
4. Set aside, onions can be made several days ahead of time and refrigerated.
5. Mix together the mayo, ketchup, relish and vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
6. Form meat into 8 patties about 4 inches wide and ½ inch thick.
7. Heat griddle and lightly brush with vegetable oil.
8. Toast the buns on the griddle, split side down.
9. After they are toasted golden brown spread the bottom bun with 1 Tbsp of the mayo mixture.
10. Top with tomato and lettuce.
11. Salt and pepper both sides of hamburger patties and cook on the griddle for 3-5 minutes.
12. Spread top of patty with 1½ tsps mustard and flip.
13. Top patty with cheese and allow to cook until desired doneness.
14. Add hamburger to bun and top with caramelized onion.
Servings: 8

Source: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/in-n-out...at-recipe/
www.achefsjourney.com
Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16