Monday's Dinner - 10/31/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Roy is finally feeling well enough to join our Motley Crew for a Halloween dinner tonight. (It's been over a month since we've joined them - or anything! Sad  )

I'm taking this appie from Food & Wine -
Gorgonzola and Walnut Terrine

Probably have a meatloaf sandwich for lunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 cjs [size=medium][b][u]M...
Glad Roy is feeling somewhat better.

On a similar page to Jean, I'm making Cuisine at Home's grilled meatloaf burgers (with a tomato bacon chutney).  Have had this recipe earmarked for 7 years.  LOL.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2009/06/18...-burger/2/
Oh Trixxie - you don't know how you saved my a$$!!! the terrine I made (only made half because we usually have too much food!) is just not enough to take and I just started thinking I could do a bruschetta to add to the platter. Tomato-bacon chutney is perfect!! Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh wow, while I was searching the 'library' I ran across this one - I have everything. Smile

PEAR-GINGER CHUTNEY
MAKES 1 CUP; TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN.
Issue No. 53 October 2005

SAUTE IN 1 T. OLIVE OIL:
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1/2 t. fennel seed
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
1 cinnamon stick, halved
DEGLAZE WITH;ADD AND SIMMER:
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
11/4 cups Bosc pears, peeled, cored, diced (1 large pear)
STIR IN:
1/4 cup dried tart cherries
Salt to taste

Sauté onion, ginger, fennel seed, pepper flakes, and cinnamon in oil
in a saucepan over medium heat.
Cook until onion is soft, stirring often to prevent scorching.

Deglaze with vinegar and sugar. Simmer until sugar dissolves, then add pears. Cook until pears are soft and juices are evaporated, 15–20 minutes.

Stir in cherries and salt; serve room temperature or cold. (Chutney may be made up to
1 week ahead and chilled.)
www.achefsjourney.com
That sounds great Jean!  Glad I could be of help.

For anyone wanting the bacon tomato chutney recipe it
can be found in the Sandwiches book. Or I can type it out if needed. It's pretty short.
That is a great cook book, I think that I could score some major points if I cook that meatloaf burger for CA, she loves meatloaf. Big Grin

Tonight it's French dips with fries. Finally! I've been sliding this to the right for three months now. Dodgy

Happy Halloween Everyone!
Jean, I am so excited that Roy is feeling better!

Meatloaf burgers with Tomato Bacon Chutney?  OH MY!

Been a while since I've had French Dips!  Time to get some of the good crusty bread from my favorite Italian/Greek place!  

Today was weird.  William had his neurology appointment today at Duke.  I ALWAYS go with him, but with Andrew out of commission, we agreed that I would go to Southport and work on some maps, etc.  Andrew managed to get down there to help.  This injury is really taking its toll on him and work.  Anyway, there was plenty of leftovers from last night, thank goodness.  

Side note, I broke my rule of driving anywhere near sunset or later tonight, due to night vision issues...and during the height of deer season?!?!  ALONE!!!!!   REALLY?!?!  I freak out as a passenger during those late drives through the Green Swamp...our route twice every day.  Did I mention that before?  Oh, and the fact that while in the most remote area of about half an hour stretch, there is no cell signal?  Although Andrew was about half an hour behind me, I won't make that mistake again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
And, on Halloween, Daphne!!!!

Oh boy, were these two appetizers wonderful and everyone loved them. Repeats for certain.

I'm going to start a new thread for all of us to start thinking of new Holiday appetizers/dishes.

This is what I took last night - Gorgonzola-Walnut Terrine and Pear-Ginger Chutney. Two separate dishes, but wonderful with a dollop of the chutney on the terrine.

[attachment=43]
www.achefsjourney.com
Dinner - Tuesday, 11/1/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Celebrating Roy's Birthday with his choice of dishes - Ribs, pesto pasta, and pumpkin pie. I'll sneak in a salad also.
www.achefsjourney.com

RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 cjs [size=medium][b][u]D...
Happy Birthday Roy! So glad you are starting to feel better! Smile

We are having a chef salad tonight. Ron can have a few l/o ribs. It's such a gorgeous day here that we will be able to eat outside and enjoy all the color in the back yard.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16