I loaned a friend my copy of Cuisine and wanted to do this receipe for guests tomorrow night. It was fantastic the first time I made it. Can anyone help me?

Chicken Papperdelli fr815 I loaned a friend my...
Pappardelle with chicken, mushrooms, and wine
Makes 12 cups; Total Time: 1 ½ hours

SAUTE IN 2 T. BUTTER:
1 lb mushrooms, quartered

STIR IN:
½ cup dry red wine

COMBINE; DREDGE:
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 t. sea salt or kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 chicken or rabbit (4 lb.), cut up, washed and dried

BROWN CHICKEN IN:
2 T. butter
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil

SAUTE; STIR IN:
4 oz. pancetta or bacon, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
½ lb. fennel, bulb only, cut into strips
3 t. garlic, minced
½ cup dry red wine
1 T. minced fresh sage leaves
Cooked mushrooms with liquid

RETURN CHICKEN AND BAKE; STIR IN:
2 T. balsamic vinegar

PREPARE ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS:
1 lb dry Pappardelle or egg noodles

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Saute mushrooms in butter in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When they soften and give off liquid, reduce heat to medium; cook until liquid evaporates.

Stir in the wine. Increase the heat to high and boil until most of the wine evaporates; remove and set aside. Wipe out pan and return it to the stove top.

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and shake off the excess.

Brown the chicken in butter and oil (in batches if necessary) in the sauté pan over medium heat; remove, set aside.

Saute the pancetta in the pan drippings, cooking until it begins to brown. Add the onion and fennel, cooking until the onion softens and fennel begins to brown. Stir in garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Increase heat to high and stir in wine and sage. Remove from heat and add the sautéed mushrooms.

Return the chicken to the pan, cover tightly; transfer to the oven and bake until the meat is tender and the internal temperature is 170 degrees, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in vinegar.

Prepare pappardelle according to package directions; drain. Serve immediately with chicken and mushroom sauce.
Tammy
  Chicken Papperdelli fr815 I loaned a friend my...
Thank you so much! You saved my ............ I bragged about this dish. If you haven't tried it, it is a must. Great flavors that only get betteer the next day.
Thanks again!

Re: Chicken Papperdelli fr815 Thank you so much! ...
You are very welcome. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good!
Tammy

Re: Chicken Papperdelli TwilightKitten You are very welcome...
I missed that - it does sound good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Chicken Papperdelli