This recipe is from Green Bay Packers and if it didn't come from No. 1 Packer's fan, Tracie, I don't know where I got it - I made it March 18th and can't find where I reviewed the sauce, but I used it and the l/o rib meat on a pizza last night that was outstanding!!

I'm adding the review notes I copied along with the recipe -
My only problem is the "2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce" was some special sauces I bought on the road and I don't know if I can find them again (or online). West Fork Hooper BBQ sauce from Gillis, LA (1 1/2 cups) and Roasted Pepper Sauce (1/2 cup). They were a great combination!!

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
http://www.crock-pot.com/slow-cookers/nfl-slow-cookers/ - Green Bay Packers Slow Cooker

4 pounds pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper
garlic powder, onion powder (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
--------------
For the Sauce:
2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (if you like a smokey flavor)
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.

3. In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.

4. Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.

5. If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Totally your preference though.

Reviewers:
-I added hickory liquid smoke and they came out great.
-I assume the ones up top that aren’t in the sauce whilst cooking will still be ok?
-Yep they should be fine. Just baste them with the sauce every once in a while.
-but the sauce was delicious and the ribs cooked up perfectly! I can see myself using this sauce for pulled pork too!
-It’s Official! I slowed cooked a roast pork in the sauce, shredded, then died and went to pulled pork heaven! Thank you sooo much for this recipe! I’ve made it many many times, and every time – perfect

Source: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.c...VZIbVULWzkqk.99

Author Notes
Notes:The secret to these ribs is that they are browned in the oven before putting them in the Crock-Pot which allows the fat to render in the oven, rather than in your sauce. Browning brings out a ton of flavor.

If you like a crispy skin you can throw these back in the oven to caramelize the sauce. I’ve done it both ways and don’t necessarily prefer one way or the other.

---------
Well Duh, just reread the recipe - o.k., the source was "The Girl Who Ate Everything"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs - Review cjs This recipe is from ...
I wish William loved ribs like I do. ;(

Copied and saved for next time I tell him to get over it, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs - Review Gourmet_Mom I wish William loved...
I think next time I'll try with a pork roast for some pulled pork 'packages' - sandwiches and more of these pizzas.

Photobucket finally worked!!

Taleggio cheese!
[Image: Apr%2021%20BBQ%20Rib%20Pizza_zpswfo0rhyq.jpg]

[Image: Apr%2021%20BBQ%20Rib%20pizza%20slice_zpsww9vis1e.jpg]

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs - Review Gourmet_Mom I wish William loved...
Quote:

I wish William loved ribs like I do.

A man who doesn't like ribs? Isn't that un-American?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs - Review labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
must be!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs - Review