It's been several years but online for quite some time this site had a recipe appear there that I am trying to find and not having any luck. I made it twice and it is outstanding. It was someones new version of a jalapeno popper and consisted of bbq chicken stuffed inside the jalapeno topped with goat cheese and a cilantro pesto. It also had a grilled corn dish to accompany it. Anybody out there that can direct me to this recipe??? Please.

An Old Cuisine at Home Recipe Needed Cque It's been several ye...
Well, that took some time to locate! Ok, here is the recipe I think you were looking for....and I sure hope it's the right one. It took forever to type!

Stuffed Jalapenos from Cuisine at Home Issue 15

Serves 6-9

ROAST, STEAM, AND SEED:

18 large jalapenos

1. Roast peppers and corn over flame of gas burner until blackened. Use a grill screen so you can do more than one.
2. Place peppers in plastic bag for 10 minutes. Gently rub skin off peppers with an old, damp towel. Cut corn from ears.
3. Cut a “T” slit in each jalapeno. Make top of “T” an inch long. Be careful not to cut through the tip when making vertical cut.
4. Scrape out seeds and ribs from jalapenos using tip of a spoon handle. Remember: wear gloves when handling chiles.

FOR CORN RELISH, SAUTE; SET ASIDE:

3 slices bacon, chopped

5. Saute bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.

SAUTE 1 T. BACON DRIPPINGS:

½ cup onions, diced
1 T. garlic, minced
1 t. jalapeno, minced

6. Saute onion, garlic, and minced jalapeno in 1 tablespoon drippings.

ADD BACON WITH; REDUCE:

1 ½ cups roasted corn kernels (2 ears)
½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
½ cup heavy cream
1 T. lime juice
1 t. sugar
salt to taste
7. Add bacon, corn, red pepper, cream, lime juice, sugar, and salt to skillet. Simmer until cream is slightly reduced, minutes. Keep warm.

FOR THE FILLING, COMBINE:

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (2 cups)
¼ cup prepared barbecue sauce

8. Shred cooked chicken breast with forks, Scrape fork quickly across the grain to make a fine shred. Combine with barbecue sauce.
9. Stuff the jalapenos with barbecue chicken. It’s okay to overstuff them. Place peppers on baking sheet and top them with goat cheese.

TOP STUFFED PEPPERS WITH:

4 oz goat cheese, crumbled

10. Bake stuffed jalapenos in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and goat cheese is very lightly browned.

GARNISH WITH:

Cilantro Pesto

11. Spoon a small amount of Corn Relish on individual serving plates. Top with a dab of Cilantro Pesto.

CILANTRO PESTO
Makes 1 ½ cups
CHOP IN FOOD PROCESSOR:

2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 T. lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

DRIZZLE IN WHILE PROCESSING:

3 T. olive oil

Process until well blended.
Tammy

Re: An Old Cuisine at Home Recipe Needed TwilightKitten Well, that took some...
Thanks TK, I thought someone might find a link to it on line...sorry for all the typing. Maybe I can return the favor sometime.
An Old Cuisine at Home Recipe Needed