Is it just me or is there anyone else out there who's afraid of putting the brown sugar on their steak? (Apr 2006) I had no problem trying the blue cheese/spinach stuffed tenderloin. It was absolutely delicious. I'm just not sure about the sugar rub. If anyone out there has tried it yet, please give a shout!
Loving every moment of my life!!

Sugared steak Bizymomma Is it just me or is ...
Quote:

Is it just me or is there anyone else out there who's afraid of putting the brown sugar on their steak? (Apr 2006)

Nope, it's not just you! That makes me nervous too..it's a crime to ruin a perfectly good steak. But you go ahead and try it....then let us know how it was.
Tammy

Re: Sugared steak TwilightKitten [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Yes it is a crime! LOL I was planning on fixing some thick ribeye's tonight. I have an extra.....maybe I'll cut it in half and give it a try. Keep posted! Tongue
Loving every moment of my life!!

Re: Sugared steak Bizymomma Yes it is a crime! L...
Quote:

I have an extra.....maybe I'll cut it in half and give it a try. Keep posted! Tongue

Great idea! Can't wait to hear how it comes out!
Tammy

Re: Sugared steak TwilightKitten [blockquote]Quote:[h...
I am also eager to hear how it comes out. I would love to try it with a ribeye steak, but have husband who is very picky and is reluctant to try something very different from his norm. Please let us know. coco
  Sugared steak Bizymomma Is it just me or is ...
I did this Sunday for my wife's birthday dinner. And as odd as it sounds, it turns out really nice. Very little sweetness comes through. The flavor that comes through the most, besides the beef, is the pepper. Plus, what little sweetness is there, contrasts very nicely with the tangy vinaigrette. As a whole, that recipe (steak, salad, vinaigrette, and baked potato) is stellar. Individually, the salad could stand on it's own, but I'm not sure about the steak without the vinaigrette as a sauce and accompanied by the bleu cheese in the salad.

My 2 cents.

Kit

Re: Sugared steak Kit I did this Sunday fo...
I don't see anything wrong

many rubs use a sugar base
Sugared steak