Hopefully we can one post of this today......

What's on the menu for eveyone today??

I'm sure we'll eat out - Roy heard of a new (to us) camping type store - Sportman's Warehouse - that carries a particular table we saw, so he wants to check it out. I see $$$$$$ flying away in our future. And, I'm stopping by a butcher shop for the veal shanks I ordered for New Year's day.

And, also found The Pork ***** to visit, also. Think we'll have a charcuterie platter for New Year's Eve.

By the way, for a fast and easy dinner, I made sausage stuffed acorn squash yesterday and it was wonderful - no cheese! It's a repeat!
[Image: Dec30AcornSqwsausage_zps456869a2.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? cjs Hopefully we can one...
No cooking tonight. Ron is indoor golfing with our son's-in-law, so he will eat out. I will probably have some ham and bean soup that simmered in the crockpot all day yesterday with the ham bone from a honey-baked ham.

Will probably make the dough for potato rolls today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? Mare749 No cooking tonight. ...
Still sick here, and as we all know, soups and stews are always better the next day. We will have soup again tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? Gourmet_Mom Still sick here, and...
Meatball subs and sausage & pepper subs, or maybe 1/2 and 1/2 for each of us. Just need to pick up a loaf of fresh Italian bread or rolls from the Italian sandwich shop. A regular old roll will not do for my Mr. Picky.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? Trixxee Meatball subs and sa...
More inventory today . . .

Then I got an inspiration last night: Dill Gator Tators So tonight I am using them crushed to coat some fish for baking. They were such good chips and the flavor will be perfect. Perhaps some oven fries and a nice salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Daphne, if your soup doesn't cure you today, maybe you should try a different one. <---There should be a smiley face here, but I can't seem to place them anywhere other then at the end of my post. <---Sad smiley here.

Lol Trixxee, you have a Mr. Picky also.

I have five recipes to choose from for tonight's dinner and they all sound so good. Tentatively, I'm going with grilled flank steak with Aji Amarillo sauce and Peruvian mashed potatoes. I've never made it before and had to order the Aji Amarillo through Amazon. The recipe is from issue #87.
See what I mean--->
[quote A regular old roll will not do for my Mr. Picky.

[/blockquote]

Haha, Trixxee, thought I was the only one here with a Picky I feel your pain. Sure has curbed my at-home cooking once the kids moved away...

Chicken legs grilled tonight, a balmy 40 degrees here today. Maybe twice baked spuds, he'll eat those if they have enough butter and no cheese. Me, I'm eatting the rest of the carrot parsnip puree. Funny, everyone complimented me on my butternut squash at Christmas. I didn't make squash. They were eatting that, instead. Picky, put that in your pipe and smoke it

PJ
PJ

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? pjcooks [quote A regular old...
Oh, PJ - you're so funny
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? cjs Oh, PJ - you're so f...
Funny indeed, PJ! My Mr. Picky is picky about certain things - bread being one of them. I can't tell you how many arguments, er I mean discussions we have had regarding bread. He's also picky about mustard, if you can believe that.

Blane - I'll have to look up that recipe - now that I have my disk! Sounds good. I wonder if I'd be able to find that at my big Latin market?
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13?? pjcooks [quote A regular old...
We are doing Pepin's chicken pot pies!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Monday's Dinner, 12/30/13??