What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Today will be the pulled pork sandwiches with l/0 french fries.

Also, picking up my turkey fryer that I had sent to my cousins. Anxious to play with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? cjs What's on the menu f...
Can't wait to hear what you think about your new toy, Jean.

Taking my dad out today. We're going to do some shopping and go to a favorite spot for lunch. Later, I'll be working with the girls again on their Christmas projects. Then, going with Alyssa to her ice-skating lesson. Long story short, dinner will be on the run. This week is flying by!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? Mare749 Can't wait to hear w...
Ham and green chile quiche and a baby greens salad.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? Trixxee Ham and green chile ...
This is our last night in Puerto Vallarta, dinner will be at Café des Artistes. I'm finally going to order the 'Suckling Pork Cube'. I think!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? losblanos1 This is our last nig...
I've not had suckling pig - after buying 8 week old weiners (suckling pigs) for over 20 years and raising them, I just don't think I could handle that. After they are big guys, it doesn't bother me.

I'll bet the meat is wonderful tho - altho probably much less 'compressed' (for lack of a better word) than older pork. Let us know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? cjs I've not had sucklin...
We're doing burgers and dogs. The kids, YS and fiancé, are moving in for a while so YS can help his dad do survey work. They spent today digging through the storage shed looking for furniture to put in the log cabin we own across the road.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? cjs I've not had sucklin...
We did a suckling pig for the marina once. By the time Bob and I got to sit down to eat there was none left. Shoot.

I bought a pint of oysters thinking of grilled oysters. We found a grill, couldn't find the oyster shells I've been saving for this purpose. I planned to presentations - Angels on Horseback & a "scalloped" recipe. Opened the jar and found 3 huge oysters and a smaller one. I had some lovely small scallop shells to use and decided to combine bit of the three recipes, the sauce, the crumbs, some bacon, cheese & herbs. Well we won't do that again. It was oyster glop - taste as ok, texture of the oyster was so bad that even Bob did finish his. Reminded me of why I never liked oyster dressing. Blech.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? Harborwitch We did a suckling pi...
That's a shame, Sharon,

Be careful about making the cabin too comfy, Daphne!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? cjs That's a shame, Shar...
Exactly!!!!

Shame about the oysters, Sharon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13?? Gourmet_Mom Exactly!!!![br][br]S...
I will NEVER buy oysters in a jar again. Lesson learned.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thursday's Dinner, 12/5/13??