So yesterday went to a class on brats, mustards and kraut. One of the mustards I just fell in love with - Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Mustard.

Which leads me to my new slogan - Inspired and Retired and you all are in the splash zone!

Ingredients:
¾ cup Yellow Mustard Seeds
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil, drained and sliced
1 Tbs Dried Basil, crumbled
2 tps Salt

Directions:
In a non-aluminum pot or jar, combine the mustard seeds, garlic and vinegar. Cover and soak for 36-48 hours. Add additional vinegar if necessary to maintain enough liquid to keep seeds covered.

Scrap the soaked seeds into a food processor. Add the sun dried tomatoes, basil and salt and process into a creamy mixture. If you prefer your mustard to have a few seeds for texture adjust processing time to your liking.

NOTE - I add the tomatoes, basil and salt and pulse a few times to get them started then add the mustard seeds since I like to have the seeds more whole.

Process for 3-4 minutes until creamy. Again you may need to add additional vinegar. Put into clean ½ pint jars and let sit in your refrigerator for 2 weeks before using. You can eat it right it away but it will have a bite to it. The longer it sits the more mellow the flavors will become.

Mustard Recipe DFen911 So yesterday went to...
Will be making this one that's for sure.

Shall we start a mustard thread? I have some good ones, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mustard Recipe cjs Will be making this ...
Nice! I will make this with my sundried tomatoes from this summer!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Mustard Recipe cjs Will be making this ...
Nothing in there I don't like! This will be tried!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Mustard Recipe Old Bay Nothing in there I d...
I've really been on a mustard kick lately too. Everywhere I go I look to see what kinds of mustards they have to offer. Now I'm just gonna make my own

Re: Mustard Recipe DFen911 I've really been on ...
Beautiful! I love making my own condiments. So easy, quick, and satisfying. Plus, they are usually so much better!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Mustard Recipe luvnit Beautiful! I love ma...
This sounds so good! Will be made!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Mustard Recipe Gourmet_Mom This sounds so good!...
Nice recipe, Denise. I used to make a lot of mustards,I have a great book on it that I seem to have misplaced. Time to look for it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Mustard Recipe Lorraine Nice recipe, Denise....
Just made a Mustard BBQ Sauce that is just wonderful and I hope it's o.k. with everyone to add it to this thread.

Mustard Barbecue Sauce

If you haven't tried a mustard based barbecue sauce then you are really missing out on something. This sauce works well with almost anything, but particularly pork. This is a variation of a favorite sauce from the western part of the Carolinas and Northern Georgia. It is a great way to add savory flavor to meat, but this sauce was invented for smoked pork.Yield: Makes about 2 cups - About.com cooking newsletter 12/5/13

1 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs butter
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne

1. Mix all ingredients together and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes. If your making this sauce for a whole hog multiple the ingredients by about 8.

-----
I think the whole RV park can smell this wonderful sauce. We're going to have mini-smoked pulled pork (l/os) sandwiches later tonight, so wanted to try this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mustard Recipe cjs Just made a Mustard...
Oh must do this one too! I wonder Jean, can this be canned to preserve it?
Mustard Recipe