What's on the menu for today?

I dug up a couple more potatoes to grill (in the rain! ), so maybe a steak. And, I have some stale bread for the tomato dressing. decisions, decisions

Also, two of the pork belly dishes - Hoisin and the Carbonara need to be finished today. The carbonara needs to set for a day or two before eating.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? cjs What's on the menu f...
I just put into the oven the PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN.....I'm craving some protein. A salad to go with it.....maybe some ASPARAGUS!!
Painters will be here tomorrow (yes, Sunday) to hopefully undo some damage to the property---graffiti. I will give them chicken sandwiches for a snack.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? Roxanne 21 I just put into the ...
Ah! Perfect Roast Chicken! Definitely a do-again!

I just love this pork recipe. It sounds complicated, but it's really easy. And I get to use a vanilla bean that I just got from Olive Nation! It makes the kitchen smell so good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? cjs What's on the menu f...
Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears! And I'm breaking in my new All Clad Copper Core 3Q Saute Pan!

It's very shiny!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? BarbaraS Vanilla Cider Pork w...
WHOAAAA----go girl!!! It's always fun to use our new toys ENJOY!!!! That recipe is from one of the Cuisine's? I think I have made that before or something very similar---anyway, pretty AWESOME!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? Roxanne 21 WHOAAAA----go girl!!...
Have fun Barb, I love new toys
My sister-in-law and I are going to work on baskets while lithe brothers go fishing
We are having the egg plant, pear and pecorino salad and the shrimp and artichoke soup
I made a nice 18 hour bread this morning to go with
And the pumpkin spice cupcakes
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? farnfam Have fun Barb, I lov...
Oh yeah, I'm having fun today!

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? BarbaraS Oh yeah, I'm having ...
Tonight is date night. We have theater tickets and will have dinner out. Ron wants to try a new Italian place.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? Mare749 Tonight is date nigh...
I am thinking about a pulled pork pizza. I want to play with my stone ground wheat flour.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12??? Mare749 Tonight is date nigh...
Sweeeeeeet!!

Barbara
Saturday's Dinner, 10/13/12???