What's on the menu for everyone today?

As I was going thru my panini book the other day, I ran across Michael Chiarello's instruction booklet that came with my machine. You're not going to believe one of the things he mentions doing with the machine....grilling steaks! beef steaks. It sounds so impossible, that I have to try it and I guess it helps that I have a backlog of steaks in the freezer. If they turn out like my m-i-l's 'grey meat' I'm going to be really annoyed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? cjs What's on the menu f...
I hope it works out for you, Jean. Just want to mention that one of the reasons we gave away our George Forman grill, is because it would "steam" the meat, and this was the large grill that could hold six hamburgers. It also had variable heat control, but even that didn't help.

Which panini machine do you have?

ETA: Almost forgot this is the dinner thread. Not sure yet...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? Mare749 I hope it works out ...
I have Michael Chiarello's....we'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? cjs I have Michael Chiar...
We are having leftovers - pork chile verde and pinto beans. Easy peasy.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? Trixxee We are having leftov...
Stuffed cabbage is the plan. We'll have to see.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? Harborwitch Stuffed cabbage is t...
Sorry I've been AWOL...we lost our phone service last Friday and consequently our DSL so I've been without an internet connection, except on my phone. I cannot believe that it took AT&T 72 hours to send out a lineman!

All is good now though. It got really cold here today, so we're having Cincinnati Chili--warm comfort food.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? karyn Sorry I've been AWOL...
I'm starting a new thread for panini makers....
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? cjs I'm starting a new t...
Good idea, Jean. I really want one.

Ron is cooking chicken on the charcoal grill with a little smoke, and I made a creamy roasted vegetable soup to start, and a big chopped salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? Mare749 Good idea, Jean. I r...
Early dinner today. It was black bean soup and cheese quesadilla
It's already pretty cold here
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? farnfam Early dinner today. ...
Mini meatball lasagna, except I'm not going to roll meatballs out, I'll just saute the beef mixture. Asparagus for the side. Dessert will be the blueberry swirl cheesecakes from the new Cuisine for Two.
What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12??