What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I'm making another old C@H favorite Pork & Mushroom Stew from issue #83. Think we'll have it over nooodles. Need to make some new salad dressings, so proably a green salad, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? cjs What's on the menu f...
We're having Herbed Fried Chicken from the new Cuisine Tonight for two. Ron doesn't like grits, so we'll probably have mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? Mare749 We're having Herbed ...
Just boerwors and corn on the cob--green salad...Hubby is a little under the weather but that's okay!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? Roxanne 21 Just boerwors and co...
what, pray tell, are 'boerwors' (uh, boar...?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? cjs what, pray tell, are...
Spouseless one more night - parmesan panko chicken breast and watermelon.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? Trixxee Spouseless one more ...
Well, this was quite a fusion dish, but we sure enjoyed it.

The Pork & Mushroom Stew (Issue #83) was as usual very good, but this time since my thyme died...I used rosemary (fresh of course) and I loved it.

I also had top Ramen noodles to do something with, so made a Szechuan noodle dish to put under the stew and it was just a taste-popping mouthful of flavor!!

[Image: PorkMushroomStewwSzechuannoodlesAug30.jpg]

Probably most folks would not like the combination of these flavors, but we loved it. Oh and since the master recipe said to serve the pork stew with diced apple, I fried diced apple with butter and garnished. Next time Roy want me to do slice apples sauteed in butter so he can have more apple.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? cjs Well, this was quite...
Well, it sure looks like a mouthful of good flavors, Jean!

Plans have changed. I just got home from helping my girlfriends close up their mom's apartment and I'm beat. So, it's going to be grilled chicken breast club sandwiches and tator tots, so I don't have to think...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? Mare749 Well, it sure looks ...
That looks really tasty Jean.
I received my new pizza stone yesterday (with a really nice aluminum peel) so tonight it's Chicken, spinach & artichoke calzones on the grill.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? losblanos1 That looks really ta...
Everything looks and sounds so good. I'm so beat, I decided to do Jean's Chicken Lo Mein. It's fast and easy and William has agreed to prep my veggies. I was so tired last night, I woke up this morning in the exact same position I went to bed in....didn't move all night. Getting back in the groove is tough!

I did have a breakthrough this evening. We have a new curriculum this year and we have to design a cross curricular thematic unit for each term. I figured out how to fit in the theme my team picked and how to make the new curriculum work with my novel units. That is a HUGE hurrdle for me and will make lesson plans a synch for the rest of the year. I'm too old and been at this too long to have to make such a big change. Luckily, what I've been doing fits in with the "new idea" better than what others will have to do. I am lucky to have come from 15 years at a school that was always ahead of the times.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? Gourmet_Mom Everything looks and...
Man, Daphne, sounds like you're already back in the 'groove' - wow.
www.achefsjourney.com
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30??