What's on the menu for today??

We're gong here http://greenhousegigharbor.com/ for dinner after we wear ourselves out at the RV show.

Ate a late lunch (or early dinner) at the Tides Tavern here in Gig Harbor - shared a plate of lightly breaded calamari and a huge bowl of Cioppino, both were excellent!! With a great bottle of wine - Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zin, 2009.
Sat out on the water, the sun was shining, it was a wonderful afternoon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? cjs What's on the menu f...
I think I've settled on cajun chicken stroganoff (though I don't add kielbasa). Will serve it over noodles and will either throw some baby spinach in with the noodles or make a side salad.
We have a 15 lb fresh ham in the smoker, all rubbed with goodies and getting hickory and apple smoke. We're going to split a huge artichoke with smoked herb mayonnaise, and I'm not sure what else yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? Harborwitch We have a 15 lb fres...
House full of hungry men all pumped about their trip tommorow. I am going with meatloaf, potatoes Italiano, and green beans, then chocolate cake. I feel sure this is going to go over well
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

It's been non-stop rain on this side of the sound, which makes my dinner selection perfect; Pork and mushroom stew with a side of Apple-Potato mash.
I also have a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread in the oven right now. It smells soooo good.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? losblanos1 [blockquote]Quote:[h...
We had Quick-Seared Poblano Beef Tips. It was surprisingly delicious! I used NY strip steaks (I'm not going to use filets in what is essentially a quick stew) but other than that this was a definite keeper.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? karyn We had [url=http://w...
Dinners sound great! I worked on grades and William had his Thursday special, so I did hotdogs.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? Gourmet_Mom Dinners sound great!...
Kung Pao chicken, jasmine rice, and broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Quote:

What's on the menu for today??

We're gong here http://greenhousegigharbor.com/ for dinner after we wear ourselves out at the RV show.

Ate a late lunch (or early dinner) at the Tides Tavern here in Gig Harbor - shared a plate of lightly breaded calamari and a huge bowl of Cioppino, both were excellent!! With a great bottle of wine - Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zin, 2009.

Just checked this out. Looks like a nice place. I love when they use fresh local ingredients and the menu changes daily. I got to see the lunch and happy hour menus, but the daily chalkboard did not come up. I'll bet that one is quite interesting!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thursday Dinner, 5/3???