What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm not going to fight the snow around the grill, so guess I'll in-house grill some Hawaiian beef strips and make a new recipe from F&W, White Beans with Onion Confit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? cjs What's on everyone's...
I have no idea. I think I'll look back through the dinner threads and see what sounded good over the past weeks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? Gourmet_Mom I have no idea. I t...
Everything we were supposed to have last night - lemon dill chicken, asparagus and baked potatoes. We wound up ordering pizza at the last minute.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? Gourmet_Mom I have no idea. I t...
We are having an "Ice Day", so we are stuck at home. Luckily, I bought the fixings for a pot roast yesterday. And, I have an 18 hr bread experiment on the go.If tomorrow's Bridal show is cancelled due to the ice, we can eat all the cake balls.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? Lorraine We are having an "Ic...
Tonight it's Pad Thai, but not the recipe from the new issue. My wife chose a recipe from issue #13(1999)instead. It's with chicken and no tamarind. I'm making an appetizer for lunch- Steak Rumaki w/ bourbon vanilla sauce.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? losblanos1 Tonight it's Pad Tha...
I have chicken breasts marinating in Italian dressing that I will bake in the oven later. Also have some stale rye bread to make croutons, so it will be my own version of a chicken caesar salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? Mare749 I have chicken breas...
We're having steak with ancho-red pepper sauce and toasted goat cheese. I'm not sure what I'll do for a side.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? karyn We're having steak w...
Southern Fried Chicken.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? BarbaraS Southern Fried Chick...
Just wanted to add that I made up Jean and Lorraine's favorite caesar dressing. Wow, forgot how great this is!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Caesar Salad
By: Cuisine at Home
Serve 10
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk in
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Toss with
10 cups romaine lettuce - chopped

Mash garlic and salt together with the flat side of a knife blade until it forms a paste. The coarse grains of kosher salt help break the garlic down to a paste. Be sure to work on a steady cutting board. Whisk remaining ingredients together with the garlic paste until combined. Toss the romaine with the dressing just before serving.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21?? Mare749 Just wanted to add t...
The Rumaki was delicious![Image: Steakrumaki.jpg]
What's for Dinner, Sat. 1/21??